WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Fall Color Cruise, October 15th 2016

B C

SATURDAY OCT 15th @ 11am

DRIVE ROUTE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TtxuJ4y-euguXya0QR9UAr0my7E&usp=sharing

Same route as the previous Kettle Moraine drive because it was excellent. 

Start: Meet at 11:00 in the parking lot at St. Jerome's Chapel (1-2 miles East of Holy Hill)   (People will be arriving earlier to chat, drive will begin around 11:15am for stragglers)

End: Quaker Steak and Lube in New Berlin for lunch ~12:30pm

PM me for any questions.

feature_EM553011-1000x667.jpg

Edit:

An address that will get you near the starting point if you are unfamiliar with it:

1600 Friess Lake Rd, Hubertus, WI 53033

From there you turn into the park and drive 1/3 mile until you cant drive anymore or you see a bmw.

If for some reason you get totally lost trying to find it, make a post/send me a PM, i will check this thread between 10:00 and 11:00 in case there are questions

why couldn't this be the autumnal gathering?  it doesn't make sense to have 2 get togethers in the Fall.

Autumnal gathering has been Zach's gig. I dont want to steal his thunder. But as mentioned, if he desires, this could be it/they could merge.

7 hours ago, Snap said:

Autumnal gathering has been Zach's gig. I dont want to steal his thunder. But as mentioned, if he desires, this could be it/they could merge.

You can call it whatever you want to call it but it's a gathering in the autumn... Autumnal gathering.  It wasn't Zach's thing, it's our thing as a group.  

My rule would be dont bring along non-BMW/non-WIBIMMERS buddies unless they are riding in your car (dont bring the Evo club with you)

That sounds kind of douchey but the gathering is for BMW folks and friends/members of the community. Some folks who show up to events have owned BMWs in the past but no longer do (Ryan and his P-car) or are friends of members and have been grandfathered in (Slonoma).

Random folks from Facebook/WCEC/vapebrothersmotorsports may not be trustworthy folks to invite to a slightly-spirited drive. We have a real close-knit community here and most of us have formed good friendships from our hobby. We know and trust eachother.  Even if we dont know or trust someone, or there are new faces (which we always hope for), you could say that a true BMW enthusiasts has a better grasp on the "right place, right time" concept for spirited driving. Trust is key to help ensure safety/fun and to avoid pissing off other motorists, residents, or others we share the road with.

We hope to see you there! just dont invite the Evo club. 

17 hours ago, Snap said:

My rule would be dont bring along non-BMW/non-WIBIMMERS buddies unless they are riding in your car (dont bring the Evo club with you)

That sounds kind of douchey but the gathering is for BMW folks and friends/members of the community. Some folks who show up to events have owned BMWs in the past but no longer do (Ryan and his P-car) or are friends of members and have been grandfathered in (Slonoma).

Random folks from Facebook/WCEC/vapebrothersmotorsports may not be trustworthy folks to invite to a slightly-spirited drive. We have a real close-knit community here and most of us have formed good friendships from our hobby. We know and trust eachother.  Even if we dont know or trust someone, or there are new faces (which we always hope for), you could say that a true BMW enthusiasts has a better grasp on the "right place, right time" concept for spirited driving. Trust is key to help ensure safety/fun and to avoid pissing off other motorists, residents, or others we share the road with.

We hope to see you there! just dont invite the Evo club. 

You guys are much more fun anyways haha. Next year Ill show up in a bmw I promise! But awesome, glad its going to be an event like this. Spirited driving with people you don't trust is a not pleasant experience.