WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Talk Trucks to Me

ClassE

2 hours ago, REKIII said:

Dodge doesn't make trucks.  It's Ram now......lame.

I'm only owned 3 trucks 2 GM's one Ford.  Gas mileage was never a concern for me so I always had a big V-8 that would get 14MPG max.....My opinion really doesn't count.

As for you 'Wagons are life' guys, I agree to a certain extent....until you have to pick up a refrigerator or a swingset, or a load of gravel.  Wagons have limits and when doing truck stuff with them, you find those limits VERY quickly. 

I'm just saying without doing these type of activities on the regular, justifying the extra fuel costs and overall comfort/driveability of the vehicle is hard to do. I mean honestly, we all know at least one person close to us that would let us borrow a truck for the evening if we needed to move anything sizeable like that=)

Not trying to sway decisions or push Tourings as being "the very best all around vehicle" but I figured I would show the value/option versus buying a truck that could potentially rarely be used for its intended purposes

9 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

But if everyone followed the touring logic, there would be no trucks to borrow!

This is sorta true. There are people who have trucks for good reason though=) 

People who race or camp and have trailers to pull, people who own landscaping businesses and need to haul load of aggregate/mulch or a mower trailer, grandpa who cuts wood behind the shed and hauls it over to everyone in the families houses, etc.

17 minutes ago, Earl said:

This is sorta true. There are people who have trucks for good reason though=) 

People who race or camp and have trailers to pull, people who own landscaping businesses and need to haul load of aggregate/mulch or a mower trailer, grandpa who cuts wood behind the shed and hauls it over to everyone in the families houses, etc.

Or, ya know, people who just enjoy driving trucks.  That's a pretty good reason.

I towed a 18ft trailer with a new Colorado earlier this year. I thought it was pretty comfy but I agree with Kaiser the transmission shift maps were weird when driving around town. Not really a great tow vehicle visibility wise either but that trailer was bigimage.jpeg

Thats is the only real input I have, I'll be driving 90's GM trucks until I die.

3 hours ago, REKIII said:

As for you 'Wagons are life' guys, I agree to a certain extent....until you have to pick up a refrigerator or a swingset, or a load of gravel.  Wagons have limits and when doing truck stuff with them, you find those limits VERY quickly. 

agreed, there are plenty of good reasons to have a truck.  personally, I'd love to have a truck and a car. but i can't have both, so a wagon does double duty. i think it has more to do with how often you find the limits, not what the limits are.  the amount of times you 'really' need a truck is more the determining factor.

and yes, i would shovel gravel into the back of my wagon.

1 hour ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Or, ya know, people who just enjoy driving trucks.  That's a pretty good reason.

I mean, if that's your thing. At least 75% of the people I see with trucks out by me have absolutely no use for them besides the point of liking trucks. A good 50% of those never see anything put into the truck bed besides beer cans and human bodies. 

In my head, Collin just doesn't strike me as a truck driving fellow unless it was his Caddy:P

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still love my 2016 F150 with the 2.7, absolutely 0 regrets :)

Still averaging 18.2 MPG with my current setup (1.5" level up front, 20x9.5 wheels and 35x11.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers). If I drive around with the cruise set at 60 I can still get over 20 MPG, and I got 19 MPG with a 700lb Harley in the back riding from Sheboygan to Madison.

IMG_20170404_151828_zpsbxf4kgj7.jpg

• 9 months later...

My daily is a '14 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X.  I think you can get one around $20 these days I haven't had an issue hauling, I have 2 kids and a large dog that fit in the crew cab, the gas mileage is alright.  It definitely has the power I've needed.  I'm pretty happy with it.

bullb.jpg