WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ILC's 1991 318 S50 track rat

i_love_cars

thanks guys, I knew this would be a well-appreciated car here ;)  not gonna lie, I didn't do any work today and just drove around to get familiar with the car. She runs like a champ. Amazingly flat and balanced. 

I went home last night and signed up for 3 blackhawk events and a 2-day at RA with MVP in July. Will probably do full Oktoberfast with CCA in the fall once registration opens in a week. Boris if you're ever around I'd love to have you do some ride-alongs to help instruct. 

8 hours ago, wasnt m3 said:

Congrats again! It's amazing seeing a red e30 that has paint that looks as good in person as it does in photos. I'll be patiently waiting a ride along.

come with me on Monday June 27 to Blackhawk. I'll be running solo intermediate that day so you can ride along if you want

thanks guys, I knew this would be a well-appreciated car here [emoji6]  not gonna lie, I didn't do any work today and just drove around to get familiar with the car. She runs like a champ. Amazingly flat and balanced. 

I went home last night and signed up for 3 blackhawk events and a 2-day at RA with MVP in July. Will probably do full Oktoberfast with CCA in the fall once registration opens in a week. Boris if you're ever around I'd love to have you do some ride-alongs to help instruct. 

Be happy to. I'll be at Ofast in September. I've been a passenger in the car with Charles driving at RA. Fun to ride in an e30 with stupid levels of power compared to the stock m20. You should also check to see if he'll be instructing at any of the events you're at especially since he knows what the car can do. Or Dave (Swernoff) who built the car and ran it before selling it to Charles.

Yesterday I ordered a CCA grill badge because I think E30s should just have those. I also ordered a set of hyper silver Apex ARC-8 wheels and new Direzza tires. The car won't make a full locking turn right now and rubs badly because the prior owner mistakenly bought 235/45 tires instead of 235/40, so they are wayyyy too tall. Plus I don't really like the E36 rims that are on the car. Good news is that I have brand new Rival tires from the Miata that I never installed, so Big Bear is letting me return those for a full credit towards the Direzzas, which makes the tires basically a wash. Big Bear also has a buyer for my E36 wheels, and after selling the Avanti wheels I had for the Miata, everything is basically a wash. 

I'm hoping everything fits, but still not sure. The E36 wheels are 7.5" with 41 offset and 12mm spacers around, and I have about 1" clearance between the strut and the top of the wheel when it is cambered in on the ground. I had to pick up 17x8.5 et40 from Apex, so I'm hoping they will still fit, but I ordered a set of 15mm spacers just in case. Still may be a little close but keeping my fingers crossed. Everything is getting fitted next week on Thursday.

Lastly, I went to the DMV today and transferred my license plate off the 135i and onto the E30. Now I need new plate ideas for the 135i. Snapsby suggested "70 ROLL" which made me chuckle, but I'll entertain ideas.

IMG_0077_zpsldwbku2s.jpg

If he went to Automotion, he'd have probably burned the extra diameter off the tires in the burnout pit haha.

I can gladly say that I got to experience a bit of this car firsthand last night. Nothing I own will ever feel good again. The handling that this car is capable of is unreal. Sounds pretty good too!

I'd like a sample of this too.