WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

BMW Scale Model Thread

B C

I am a little impulsive when it comes to buying car/gun parts and this thread made me realize that I badly want this UT 1:18 scale M3 for my desk at work. It has everything (besides the spoiler) down to my same wheels. Unfortunately it appears UT stopped production in the 90's and I'm not about to sell an arm and leg to buy something that's a rare collector item. AutoArt was mentioned but from what I saw on their website they don't even sell any e36 models. Do you guys have any other recommendations? 

UT model.jpg

3 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

$130 is steep but I actually considered it until I saw it costs $68 to ship. You can get a nice M3 for $8,000 so I guess its a deal to pay 1/40th the cost for a car that's 1/18th in size. In theory you are saving $244.44.  Or is that not how this whole thing works?

hotweels csl?

i have zero bmw model cars, but i'm a huge fanboy and have been eyeballing a few models lately.

my favorite is the 1/18 Minichamps e30 m3 DTM in plain white:

http://www.autoartmodels.com/web/product/en/2095?antiCache=13580009039679E29264992109FEAF7ED05

Love browsing that site.

I found a lot of cool models while secret santa shopping on ebay and ebay.de too

On 3/2/2016 at 2:32 PM, JosephStrackbein said:

$130 is steep but I actually considered it until I saw it costs $68 to ship. You can get a nice M3 for $8,000 so I guess its a deal to pay 1/40th the cost for a car that's 1/18th in size. In theory you are saving $244.44.  Or is that not how this whole thing works?

well then go for the value based on your theory and buy a model Bugatti Veyron, at $200 for 1/18 scale, you'd be saving $94,244.

well then go for the value based on your theory and buy a model Bugatti Veyron, at $200 for 1/18 scale, you'd be saving $94,244.

I feel at home when I'm on this forum.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...