WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E21 Project Thread - Part 2

Bassboy3313

Since I'll be leaving for a trip to Texas next week, I'm getting the valance, front spoiler, roof spoiler and 2 front flares prepped the best I can and handing them off to a guy in Appleton who will be wrapping them for me. He has more experience than me with these trickier parts and the price is right.

I also sharpened up the corners on the license plate bracket and cut down the edges to fit the car better. Added a light that will get some smoked laminx film too. 9c3c532cf5b44f2448ac43758123c2fc.jpgaf12d594656de7331c9e6fdb460ad101.jpg8acf0f6abd41705c187c12605bdc84e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So I got the front spoiler and valance all pretty damn smooth. Feeling good. Start applying the 2k epoxy primer to the spoiler when all of a sudden the valance falls. Gaahhhhh!!!! Puts a small dent on one side and a few dings and scratches. So frustrating. I said fuck it and just sprayed it with primer. Nothing else is perfectly smooth on the car and I need to get these parts to Appleton tomorrow too. Sometimes you just gotta shrug it off and move on.

Airdam and front flares. The surface inside the brake ducts was too rough/textured for the vinyl to adhere correctly, so he didn't do those. I'll have to figure out what to do. Either get a can of paint matched spray paint or paint them satin black for a contrast. What do you all think?1285ef2e8aca719ce216382dd452b999.jpga4035062c8de9378cc08cc7a83434481.jpg