WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Im walnut blasting valves on n54 and n55 in central wi!

New here but long time bmw owner, im offering to blast and clean n54 and n55 valves for 180 !

also if you let me know ahead of time, i can slap a new oil filter housing gasket on for an extra 30(you bring the gaskets)

Pm me for details

Im located in N. Fond du lac wi

And i do this out of my garage at home

parts for oil filter housing gasket if you obtain, you need at least the o.f.h. gasket and the oring, if you have an oil cooler all 3!

gasket for housing pn below(same gasket for non oil cooled and oil cooled models). number 4 on diagram

gasket for oil t-stat housing(oil cooled models only). number 5 on diagram

post-3533-0-86981000-1415111629_thumb.pn

post-3533-0-12359300-1415111671_thumb.pn

oring for water pipe. number 8 on diagram

Were do you work? As i know this isnt your full time thing at these prices. Not even worth most peoples time to do it for that cheap.

Used to work at oshkosh truck as a heavy armor welder and repair welder

Now i work at metalcraft of mayville as a robotic/manual welder making parts fot scag,john deere,and cat.

So no background in automotive repair?

Sounds like the beginning of an angry union worker rant with the focal point being that unless you are ASE certified and have made a living at one time as a mechanic you are not allowed to touch anything mechanical on the car. 

People pay me to do side jobs all the time. 

One guy I did a valve adjustment for got scoliosis 3 weeks later and someone I did brakes for turned gay but otherwise my lack of professional experience hasnt mattered. 

New here but long time bmw owner, im offering to blast and clean n54 and n55 valves for 180 !

Pm me for details

Im located in N. Fond du lac wi

And i do this out of my garage at home

Bob, I'm in Fdl a lot, covering 1/3 of WI as my territory. Definitely interested in having you walnut blast my N55. I sent you a PM on N54tech, but I heard something happened. How long does this blast process take, start-to-finish? Would you have time this Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?

just added that if you bring the gasket(s) for your oil filer housing i can swap them out for 30 bucks while where in there!

pm me for parts needed if you dont know. but oil cooler modles have an extra gasket for the t stat housing for the cooler.

and you need the little oring for the water pipe as well. then the base gasket. i dont keep the parts here but if you need . i can order them for you and you can pay for them with the job :)

gasket for housing pn below(same gasket for non oil cooled and oil cooled models). number 4 on diagram

gasket for oil t-stat housing(oil cooled models only). number 5 on diagram

post-3533-0-86981000-1415111629_thumb.pn

oring for water pipe. number 8 on diagram

post-3533-0-12359300-1415111671_thumb.pn

So I went and saw Bob today and all I have to say is... AWESOME!

Bob is a genuinely nice guy who just happens to know his shit about the n54/n55.  His garage was clean and organized and from the minute you step in there he makes you feel right at home.  The set up for the walnut blasting never made me question the authenticity of the service.  He was meticulous about perfecting the repair and almost obsessive about maintaining cleanliness while working.  I am thoroughly pleased with the finished product!  There is a noticeable difference in gears 2-3-4 and the power delivery is much smoother through the power band.

I was in the garage during the entire service and I will that as an ASE certified technician... I APPROVE!

Now for the pics:

before1of1_zpsa953687a.jpg

Before

valvebefore1of1_zps33cc59c2.jpg

After

valveafter1of1_zpsca50e011.jpg

blanketcare1of1_zps7d8fe2bb.jpg