WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I done did it now... A new toy!

patsbimmer1

i'm so jealous right now. I want to get coilovers for my car and while I could leave ride height stock and still get the benefit of stiffer handling, I really want the aesthetics of the lowering, but I'll crack the shit out of my front splitter getting out of my driveway if I'm lowered. 

Definitely you need better wheels now

Lookin good. Now make it fast

Ha!  You read my mind!  DP's are next on the list of go-fast parts!

What wheels you thinking? That pick of the front end sticking out of the barn door is so Hallway Pat.

You know me man... I love my front end hanging out my barn door!  In a perfect world I want a set of HRE 505's or 107's but that's probably a bit out of my price range unless I can find a deal on a used set.  I want to go with some kind of 5 spoke or split 5 spoke like an M Par style and I want to stick with 18" to keep tire pricing down.  Until then I am going to rock my stock style 162's and maybe refinish them in a different color.

Ha! You read my mind! DP's are next on the list of go-fast parts!

You know me man... I love my front end hanging out my barn door! In a perfect world I want a set of HRE 505's or 107's but that's probably a bit out of my price range unless I can find a deal on a used set. I want to go with some kind of 5 spoke or split 5 spoke like an M Par style and I want to stick with 18" to keep tire pricing down. Until then I am going to rock my stock style 162's and maybe refinish them in a different color.

What downpipes are you thinking? FWIW I have VRSF and was happy with the fitment and finish. And the price is great.

i actually had this discussion with my wife this morning and she is buying me n54tuning dp's for my birthday in a couple weeks!

Word is they have a v.2. Make sure you get those. Because I got some of the original v.1 batch and the flange on the turbo side was to thick and they did not fit. Mike at n54tuning was very cool about exchangeing them for my current VRSF v.2's. Great customer service for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife bought me VRSF v2 down pipes for my birthday so I installed those on Tuesday night.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures for everyone to enjoy but I have a crappy cell phone video I will post later on.

The install in total took me about 2 hours and was pretty straight forward.  I am extremely happy with the results!  The exhaust note is a bit raspier and the power was noticeable immediately!  This really pushes me to get on a dyno now and get some solid numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as I can get my computer to start talking to my car again I am going to throw the e85 maps on and try a 50/50 mix.  Anything I need to know before I do this?

My computer updated to windows 8.1 recently and as soon as that happened the driver for the procede quit working on it.  I'm no computer genius but i'm pretty good with google and i'm hoping the google machine has the answer.

Procede has an entirely different set of maps I will have to throw in the car that range from map 0 - base to FBO and PWM methanol injection and 100% e85 with a couple 50/50 in between.  I would be on map 1 which is  very few mods like dci or map 2 which is downpipes, charge pipe or fmic but not fbo.  I planned on starting with a 60/40 split before going 50/50 on the map.