WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I done did it now... A new toy!

patsbimmer1

I have been searching for a bit for something a bit newer and a bit faster than my 328i.  An E39 M5 was on my radar but for what I wanted to spend I just couldn't find what I was looking for.  That and the maintenance cost scares the crap out of me.  I briefly looked at E46 M3's but I need a four door.

So I switched gears and...

IMG_20140823_185851_zps0ad0a8c9.jpg

2007 335i 6spd with Sport package, cold weather package, premium package and only 44k on the clock!  I couldn't pass up the deal I was getting on the car so here she sits!  Completely stock except for the BMS dual cone intake.  Elmhurst BMW was kind enough to get the service records for me before I bought it and it looks like she had all services done at Knauz BMW including a HPFP.

Hopefully I can start taking it apart soon and get some new parts on but for now I have a ZHP knob ordered and CF parking brake handle to start to get rid of some of the wood in there.  I plan on wrapping the interior trim in carbon fiber from 3M.

I couldn't be happier with the car so far and I am absolutely addicted to the turbos!  Hopefully more to come soon.

The E90 will quickly make you forget about your E36.

Since you got an '07, I'd look into fitting an oil cooler at some point. I know a guy in Fondy that did a custom install on his '07 if you want some pointers.

I know the car might seem like a Ferrari right now, but you should really consider JB4 + bolt ons. Once you go that route (which is completely safe), stock will feel so slow.

I swapped my 135i to map 0 (stock) and I literally felt like I was driving a Prius. I am not joking.

The E90 will quickly make you forget about your E36.

Since you got an '07, I'd look into fitting an oil cooler at some point. I know a guy in Fondy that did a custom install on his '07 if you want some pointers.

I know the car might seem like a Ferrari right now, but you should really consider JB4 + bolt ons. Once you go that route (which is completely safe), stock will feel so slow.

I swapped my 135i to map 0 (stock) and I literally felt like I was driving a Prius. I am not joking.

Thanks for the pointers!  The early 07's didn't come with an oil cooler but could get a free retrofit from BMWNA if it was a factory sport package, which this is. A quick glance through the passenger wheel well when I got home on Saturday and I can see the oil cooler already installed!

It doesn't feel like a Ferrari but I know the point your trying to make lol.  I will be doing JB4 with gutted dp's and hopefully a nice exhaust and I already have the burger DCI.  I'm working on getting my turbo's replaced by BMW under the 8yr/82k warranty they have on the N54 before I do anything speed wise.  I have a little bit of rattle right now from the wastegate and it sounds like it should be taken care of.

I don't think i'll ever forget my e36 but i'm falling in love with this e90!

Thanks for the pointers! The early 07's didn't come with an oil cooler but could get a free retrofit from BMWNA if it was a factory sport package, which this is. A quick glance through the passenger wheel well when I got home on Saturday and I can see the oil cooler already installed!

This is the first im hearing of this. I have a early build 2007 with factory sport package and no oil cooler. How do I go about getting this done?

Thanks for the pointers! The early 07's didn't come with an oil cooler but could get a free retrofit from BMWNA if it was a factory sport package, which this is. A quick glance through the passenger wheel well when I got home on Saturday and I can see the oil cooler already installed!

This is the first im hearing of this. I have a early build 2007 with factory sport package and no oil cooler. How do I go about getting this done?

I believe the car has to still be within warranty=) 

What I was told is to contact a dealer first and tell them you need the free retrofit and if they are unwilling to assist you then contact BMW NA and they will help you out.  An employee at Elmhurst BMW gave me this information.

Even out of warranty it should be done.  Shoot an email to BMW NA and let them know you have a factory sport package early model 07 335i and it did not come with an oil cooler and you are concerned with the oil temps and you are wondering if you are eligible for a free retrofit.  From what I have heard this typically takes a few months but is usually resolved favorably.

customerrelations@bmwusa.com

If you want a supercar you should just turbo your e36 seriously considering its a 328, the hard parts are there. Just big boost and 500whp on stock block and trans all day long. Sounds like more fun than a 335 :) 

I'm kidding. Kind of? 335's are cool and all. 9

Or spend $1.5k on bolt ons and a tune for the 335i and sit at a reliable 450whp / 500wtq. Much cheaper than trying to turbo a 328 E36.

Or spend $1.5k on bolt ons and a tune for the 335i and sit at a reliable 450whp / 500wtq. Much cheaper than trying to turbo a 328 E36.

Bet I could build a turbo kit for less than 1.5K and make over 500whp on a 328 :) 

But I understand completely. I'm not much for bolt ons. Totally different type of person :) 

But I would totally own a 1 series.