WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

So, what are you listening to?

Narcosis

• 2 weeks later...

Automated vanity search

I sold a bunch of stuff on discogs ~5-7-ish years ago. I logged back in today to do some vanity searches to see if any of the stuff I bought years ago has appreciated in value. Turns out, I had actually entered a substantial portion of my vinyl collection into the database there back-in-the-day. Sorting by highest median price for maximum vanity...

Predictably, this John Zorn LP is still the best performer because I knew it was worth $50-100 when I bought it for $20 at HPB. Someone F'd up pricing this one (avantgarde grindcore jazz etc (1990)).

There were a few surprises on the list, but this might be the biggest one for me. This was one of a few different 2-piece bands that I was interested at the time. The drummer (Zach Hill) went on to do some other stuff, so maybe that explains the interest in this album...?

Another surprise was this re-issue of a 60's LP. I took an interest in the Cadet Concept label primarily because of the band Rotary Connection which was a hit in this region back-in-the-day. That album and this one have both been sampled frequently by an assortment of hip-hop artist.

Tracy Chapman. Not much else to say here. It's from 1998 and unless it gets re-issued it will probably never go down in value.

Another surprise. Lunk-head rock 'n roll from 2008 Austrailia. Goes for more than double the original sticker price.

Going farther down the list gets into wierder/boringer territory, so I guess I'll stop here...

I lied.

In the interest of true vanity, there are a couple albums I bought 2 copies of because they were cheap and I figured they would gain value. Turns out I was right in both cases. Both of these were ~$8 records and now sell for ~$30. Guess I should unload them and make an amazing ~$30 profit after 5-10 years

Stoner rock. Both sides are ~20-minute jams.

This album is heart-breaking/infuriating. The pop-y 80's songs are all about a friend of the bands that went through a terrible relationship with some total d-bag and eventually died of an overdose. I really like this album, but can also barely stand listening to it.

• 3 weeks later...