WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Jake's Epic BMW 135i Build Thread! (5+ Years of Ownership)

suspenceful

I have discovered you can't even get exhaust manifolds off of an m50 without unbolting the right engine mount and lifting the engine an inch.  I can imagine how cramped it is in there after several more years of engineering...

It's not so bad where they connect to the exhaust (minus 1 bolt), but it's blinding trying to take off and put on the v-bands up where the turbos are. The bolts and O2 sensors are a pain. 

I can't believe how quickly your making progress on her!  I've always thought these looked like a Bulldog.

I can't believe it either, I wasn't planning on very many mods but I can't stop now.

The downpipes are finally in.

14440190702_492eb79d69_z.jpg

14461710533_1ba43eafa9_z.jpg

Also, I don't have a picture of them, but I wet-sanded and polished my exhaust tips since we removed the exhaust. They were black and caked with crap. I always assumed my exhaust was some sort of custom setup but as I cleaned the tips they revealed a "Riss Racing" stamp. Sure enough, this thing has a $1300 3" catback exhaust!

And as promised, a short teaser video. I only recorded these to show what it sounds like in and out of the car.

Excuse my excitement as I grannyshift up the onramp, I've never lost traction in 3rd like that before.

(I'm not sure why my voice sounds weird right at the beginning)

After this video I put bus lengths on a new Camaro a few times from 50-120mph as he tried messing around with me. I'll drop the E85 fuel pump in next week and reflash the ECU more aggressively. Can't wait to hit up the strip and get her on the dyno again.

Where is the video?

Way to get this thing into beast mode so quickly!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It was embedded at the bottom of the post. Otherwise try this link:

that thing absolutely rips! 

keep it up!

^^^ +1 my goodness!!!

This makes me want an N54 so bad!

Thanks guys! As always, check out www.My1Series.com for more info.

Yesterday I got a chance to line up against a local guy. He has a 500+ whp WS6 that ran a 11.5 second 1/4 mile.

Started at ~25mph. He got about a half-car length on me from 25-50mph. After that, I was gone. Put 3+ lengths on him by 90mph.

Keep in mind, his car is setup for dig races, but still.

Will be faster after this weekend...

Awesome. What downpipes did you go with? Sure glad all my bolts came out easy as pie. That must of sucked. I have been running a 35-36% e85 mix now and its sweet. Also planning on getting the FP upgrade and a backend flash so I can run a stronger mix. Do you know someone that can do the flash or are you going to try yourself? Also would you be interested in runnin em for fun? Maybe down at Dubs in the Valley. Hey, did you change your IC yet?

I havent had a ride since all the new goodies, youre gonna need to give me a spin when I get home  :cool:

For sure, sometime next week should work.

Awesome. What downpipes did you go with? Sure glad all my bolts came out easy as pie. That must of sucked. I have been running a 35-36% e85 mix now and its sweet. Also planning on getting the FP upgrade and a backend flash so I can run a stronger mix. Do you know someone that can do the flash or are you going to try yourself? Also would you be interested in runnin em for fun? Maybe down at Dubs in the Valley. Hey, did you change your IC yet?

I went with the 3" VRSF downpipes. The install did suck, lol.

I know someone that did the flash for me, but I'm thinking about buying the cable/software to do it myself. I'll let you know what I decide to do, otherwise PM me if needed.

As far as lining them up, let's do it! It would be interesting for sure. I haven't changed my IC yet, but an upgraded 7" IC from VRSF is on the top of my shopping list.

Well in that case you would have a big advantage on me if we ran em. Gonna have to wait till I bump up the e85.

To be honest, I didn't notice much of a difference after the BMS E85 flash. It was a similar to the difference I felt after the downpipes. Either way, I'm going to have the weight advantage ;)