WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Jake's Epic BMW 135i Build Thread! (5+ Years of Ownership)

suspenceful

Thanks everyone! I'll get some pictures up on Wednesday once I get the tires mounted. Then it's fender rolling time...

Imagine someone driving through with their realtor looking for houses and seeing what looks like a car on blocks with its tires stolen. 

Nice STR replicas though!

I thought you were going to make a comment about the Christmas lights still being up... lol.

They're ESM replicas... a little different than STR replicas. My friend Eric got the STR replicas, as seen here.

My ESM's have stepped lips, where the STR's have a flush lip. The outer barrel is also silver and not black.

Either way, thanks!

Congrats on the purchase, and sweet, sweet car.  The 1 series was on my short list, but I needed more interior room due to being and old fart.

What's on the mod menu?

Thank you! The front has plenty of room, but the back seat is lacking. Still a large trunk tho.

First I gotta get this thing walnut blasted. It already has an OCC, but no walnut blasting at 83,000 miles now.

After that, JB4 so I can run E85, DCI, downpipes, coilovers.

Love the blogpost and the wheels look great!

Are you using the kit lens?

Thanks man. Yeah, I use the kit lens for all quick, progress photos that aren't fancy.

I like this car all around except for one big no no. You put BBS centercaps on ESM's=/

I am not hating on you for having reps but I never got why people put BBS caps on wheels that weren't made by BBS. 

Car is looking excellent otherwise and I love your camera skills. 

• 2 weeks later...
Got my intake valves cleaned at A-Spec Tuning in Schaumburg, Illinois on Thursday. Couldn't be happier!

I ran into michael1972 down there, who had his 335i on the dyno before getting his valves cleaned.

Check out my blog post for more high-res pictures and details:

• 2 weeks later...

Great pics, love the wheels!  Do you ever have the urge to walk up to the car, put your one arm on the roof, and give the windshield a noogie with your other hand?

Didn't see this post but I did see you at Beyond Redline today! Nice meeting you and I look forward to seeing that M5 again :)

Anyways, I went to the dyno today to get baseline numbers before I order JB4 and possibly some downpipes.

She put down 283whp and 292wtq with just a drop-in air filter and catback exhaust.

Click the link below to go to my blog post about it. There is a dyno video and a scan of the dyno graph :)

www.my1series.com/2014/05/10/dyno-day

13968614680_d10295919e_c.jpg

135i Dyno by Jake Spence Photography, on Flickr

I ordered JB4 and the BMS clutch stop last week and got around to installing both this weekend. Very happy with both products! I even found a little surprise while installing JB4 that you can read about on my blog, just click here.

Ben (GunMetalGrey) came over and helped, plus then we had a blast testing it out. I filled up with a mix of 93 octane/E85 and was amazed on map 5! There is no traction until 3rd gear...

xbERaNul.jpg

I'm still amazed that something so reasonably priced and easy to put in gave it so much extra power! I look forward to more modifications! Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Me too! The mod bug bit me hard here... I see downpipes, bigger FMIC, an inline fuel pump, and a flash. After all that, I'll be needing a clutch too.

Yeah - ain't it a blast?  I have lost traction on map 5 with AWD and my 6AT... :)

How much E85 did you blend in?

It made me giggly. I did 6 gallons of 93 and 2 gallons of E85.