WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2 hours ago, Earl said:

hell yeah=)

B) Very much so, I hope your not to far behind with your car 

2 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

Hey cool! We have a similar situation going on! 

I know right.... its frustrating

57 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

That's intoxicating. Minus the wind noise.

Was is a video or just sound? Silly computers.

Well teh body guy stopped buy and was going to grabs some parts from Bryan and I intended on giving him my mini hood to get painted. I mounted the small nose piece of the hood I cut up to the car for the first time since I had Chris weld a strip of metal along the back side. Needless to say the added material caused some warping and rigidity in the small body panel. Both of the front corners were higher than they needed, causing misalignment with the fenders. Nothing a good sized 4x4 and muscle couldnt help correct. I flexed it back into alignment and added some bumpers on the back side to keep it fixed into place. here are some pics of it before it goes to paint. IMG_2879.JPGIMG_2878.JPGIMG_2876.JPGIMG_2873.JPGIMG_2875.JPG 

4 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

It looks so funny popped up and tipped forward!

I know! hahahah

3 hours ago, Bassboy3313 said:

Will make a nice little drink table at car shows when popped up. :D

Except that it pivots :(

3 hours ago, Earl said:

I absolutely love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks earl!!

42 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

UMADJohnny5.jpg

OMG Johnny 5 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!   Hey lazer lips, your momma was a snowblower!!!!

2 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

I was initially skeptical of the hood thing, but that's actually pretty cool 

Thanks Man!!

9 hours ago, Daggerty said:

Put some hydraulic rams on it and wire it into the brakes so it pops up for drag to slow down. 

Im actually afraid to open it alone in fear of it swinging around and smashing my headlights. So much in fact that I machined an aluminum lock that bolts to the hood release lever inside the car.

3 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

But Officer, it does have a hood! 

Already the 5th or 6th person to bring this up, and that's totally going to be my argument. I wonder if he will notice my license plate is painted to match too? 

Im just asking for it at this point. :shifty:

So... I got some thangs in the mail today....

IMG_2912.JPGIMG_2906.JPGIMG_2905.JPGIMG_2903.JPG

I was super sketched out because they were shipped in single walled boxes that were absolutely beat to shit. All I could think of is here we go again. So I snapped a million pics of me opening them. Luckily the 500-600 sheets of bubble wrap Leonard wrapped them in did a really good job of keeping everything safe.

I also tossed all of them on the truing stone just to make sure.

IMG_2914.JPG

Thangs I got in the mail were wrong. The holes don't align the faces. Super bummer. But on the plus side, the machinist has been very responsive and helpful to make the situation right. I might have to make the front wheels a little wider now due to no one having 5.5" barrels in stock, which actually might help me with tire selection anyways.. 

19433557_10154681826346485_900386264_n.jpg19441195_10154681842761485_335045706_n.jpg

Uggggggghhhhhhhh Why is this such a pain in the ass. I think this month, Between myself and Bryan, we have had 10+ orders show up that have been messed up, no shows, or damaged. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!?

We cant come up with any good polish jokes.

That is super sucky though. I am dealing with a similar problem right now at work. How to get an accurate circular bolt pattern on a 20 foot diameter flange with a tight tolerance.

You could start a new trend by lacing the wheels with zip-ties since bolts don't line up. If nothing else just please do it to troll the automotive community :D

• Jdesign changed the title to 1JZ E30 Vert Build Thread with Pastry filled wheels