WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1987 325e. Eventually Boost+M50 Swap

Guest Laishes

the headers on my M50 swap were from eBay and they worked. they are exactly the same as the ones on the site. be careful because they turn a weird purple color over time. 

Guest Laishes
I have been paged. The ones I have are short tube race land headers.

If you're interested I can send you pics. They are "interesting" if you will.....

(608)322-7494

I'm just interested to see these badboys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Laishes
Those are the ones that are needed, if you have TreeHouse Racing CAB's the fit is a hell of a lot better or you will probably have to cut off the heat shield around the stock one. But, that being said they all with fit differently (ebay quality) and will work fine, the coloring does get really weird after like a month too lol

Lol yup they turn a weird purple neochrome

Guest Laishes

So I got my M50 longblock the other day.

IMG_1624.jpg

I needed some parts for my swap so I got the following:

late model coolant reservoir

IMG_1645.jpg

e28 535i motor mounts 

IMG_1646.jpg

M50 alternator (my longblock didn't come with one. I got it on the cheap!)

IMG_1650.jpg

Then I filled up my corolla and went to milwaukee to meet with Snap and KaiserRolls for lunch.

IMG_1630.jpg

I bought these headers off of KaiserRolls for my m50 swap for $50. The welding connecting them to the midpipe is almost too good to be true.

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

Then Kaiser drove me to meet up with Rampelsauce. I bought a zinnoberrot trunk + is spoiler off him for $40... Yes... I am in the back of an E30 coupe WITH an e30 trunk. So very spacious indeed (and I'm almost 6'2").

IMG_1635.jpg

After a very dangerous drive back (freezing rain.. saw a lifted jeep with meaty tires spin off the interstate at 70mph smack right into a concrete wall under a bridge) my corolla had used less than half a tank to get to Milwaukee and back (I'm from madison; I filled my corolla up before I left)

IMG_1641.jpg

I "Kryloned" the is spoiler and did the trunk swap. Here's how she sits.

IMG_1643.jpg

Guest Laishes
They had to try and weld it when it was already on the car. So I can see how that would have posed a problem.

Excuses excuses kaiser! But thanks for them man! For 50 bucks it was the plug. It was awesome having lunch with you two goofballs. And you taxi'd me around all day. Mucho loveo señor

Guest Laishes

Bah. Still need parts but I have 0 money.

What parts?

E34 m50 oil pan assembly, m50 PS Pump, m50 valve cover and oil pan gaskets, m20 pilot bearing, and I'll be buying the following off gunmetal grey: (radiator +hoses, g260 Trans mounts and swap brace).