WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WIBIMMERS SNO◊DRIFT 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD

rampelsauce

Hey all! Zach, from your favorite Wisconsin BMW enthusiast online forum and community, here with great news.

SNO◊DRIFT 2014 is officially on!

I wrote that in comic sans to show how serious I am.  But when is it Zach?

FEBUARY 8TH @ 9:00 AM 

"Okay, but where the heck is it, oh great one?" you asked in delight.

LAKE SINISSIPPI IN BEAUTIFUL AND HISTORIC HUSTISFORD, WISCONSIN!

Can you show me on a map?

No.

J/K

post-2584-0-54776500-1388114002_thumb.jp

How much money should I bring?

FIVE BUCKS!  THAT'S THE CHEAPEST HOONING PRICE EVER!

post-2584-0-15976800-1388114880_thumb.jp

Let's keep it mostly BMW's folks.  This will be our first big event of 2014, and we're trying to get lots of coverage.  So that means if you like photography, have a DSLR, and want to practice shooting slidey cars, come on out.  Take lots of pictures, go pro videos, cell phone videos, whatever!

If you have a non-BMW, PM me and we'll see if you can participate in the ice related activities.

RSVP ON THIS THREAD SO WE CAN GET AN IDEA OF WHO'S ATTENDING.

MORE DETAILS SOON!

WHAT OUR PLANS ARE:

9:00am : People start filing in to the Karen's Lone Pine Tap parking lot / on to the lake. Give me $5 if you're driving.

-The guys will have a small parking area cleared out on the lake for us to stage cars, otherwise we will be parked in the Lone Pine Tap parking lot.  Only cars participating in the event will be allowed on the ice.

10:00am : After some chit chat, coffee, and anticipation we will start heading out on the oval.

-This will be done in groups.  The oval is pretty good sized, and will be groomed, but we strongly advise you have snow tires.  I want to keep this event safe as possible, so the groups wont be very large.  This is done in consideration of the money and time we've spent on our vehicles.  Crashing sucks.  Crashing into someone else's car sucks more.  I'm figuring we'll have 30 or 45 minute sessions, but we'll figure that out the day of when we have an official driver head count.

Afternoon: After some getting used to the ice, we shall compete!

-We have some drifting related games in mind.  More on that soon.  Also, if any members want to race head to head (at their own risk, of course) this will be the time to make preparations, take bets, sign titles, ect.

Zach if you're looking for broader exposure for the event add it to this thread over at bf.c

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2066021-Midwest-and-Great-Lakes-Track-Event

Rich

Im trying to keep this a WI Bimmers event.  I will promote the site with the coverage from this meet to kick off 2014 with a bang.  We're shooting for membership to go up and looking to start hosting big boy meets this summer.  If any of you want to invite others be my guest.  I will be making a Facebook events page, as well, that can be shared from here to the four corners of the map.  

It looks like everyone is pretty excited to do this, hopefully we have a good turn out.  Im just hoping not too many drivers come, because I want to give everyone their fair share of time.  Also, if this event goes well, maybe we'll do another one around the end of February.  Depends on interest.