WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

Haha. I was only going about 25-30ish. I was riding with another buddy who has a grom and we were just practicing around on some wide industrial roads.

I was honestly more worried about the bike so I white knuckled that thing when I slid.

I'm going to buy a 12 bar and crash cage for this thing shortly. Because I will crash it some more for sure.

Haha. I was only going about 25-30ish. I was riding with another buddy who has a grom and we were just practicing around on some wide industrial roads. I was honestly more worried about the bike so I white knuckled that thing when I slid. I'm going to buy a 12 bar and crash cage for this thing shortly. Because I will crash it some more for sure.

I've heard the thing to do with dirt bikes is to take the original plastics off as soon as you buy it and put some aftermarket ones on. Then when you go to sell it you can clean the bike up and put the original plastics back on and the it will look like it's hardly been ridden... :shifty:

no offense, but, it would have been faster, and more fun, to ride my bike (read: bicycle) across that field than whatever that was.

Yeah, he looked like he was struggling a bit, and the field looks like a terrible place to ride. Plus the Grom isn't really intended to be ridden off-road... The point was that he thought he was too cool for the toys-r-us bike, but had fun on it anyway.

Took crap off in preparation for the making of a removable core support and engine swop and overall phuckery of this thing

5ea826db486295839776fa56afda3578.jpg

And got stuck at the white bumper bullshit. One of the torx bolts has a snapped head and the other one is larger than the torx bits I have. I have a t50. I think that's a t55.

I'm tempted to just cut the shit off and hack it up and just buy new/used stuff that doesn't have a million years of rust on it.

Since I will be making a removable core support anyways, I was thinking that cutting everything off the front of the car wouldn't be a bad idea....?

Any thoughts?

Went insane looking at that white fiberglass bumper bullshit.

Found my room mates cut off wheel.....

a990e7d2607112aa3c22b14f691328ae.jpg

Dust everywhere

7c2c1c9a7db0d0bf86cb1bcd0e184d5b.jpg

Gone forever

91430eba6d4096149d727e809a7be577.jpg

Wiring & fan were next

b9817a1de759356845afb91b60ed38e5.jpg

Car was involved in a skirmish at one point

467822955ee41be0106d08af23f63b76.jpg

Rotted core support

1531231a0ae4825589971ec80f246ae7.jpg

Fronts basically off now.

Next up is grind the old core support off.

Then make something to hold the radiator. Plans are a brewing

This is where I'm currently at

de0ab2dd7f52fb22696b564fbfcaf114.jpg

Before pulling out

-starter wires

-driveshaft

-slave cylinder line

-throttle cable

-heater core lines

-trans mounts

-engine mounts

-move fuel lines outa the way and get gas everywhere

-try to remember where everything goes

-remove anything else??

-don't suck

I think that's it

Oh. And get an engine hoist

Bought my stand off craigslist for $50

Good deal

I'll search around for a bit, Craigslist in this are isn't the most lively.

May just end up buying one from harbor freight. Granted I may only use it once or twice, but having one is nice.

Plus it's like a guaranteed six pack of "insert beer here" for when someone wants to borrow it.

If you are driving through wausau my engine stand is at my parents house, you are welcome to use it.

Sent from my potato phone

The s50 is currently on the stand when the m50 comes out I'm swapping the e34 pan and other stuff off of it. Then dress the s50, put m50 on tires, then put s50 in. M50 going to a buddy who is gonna give me driveshaft/clutch and some help over a weekend

At least that's the plan

I have yet to order any parts haha