WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

• 3 weeks later...

Well. E30 is officially parked now that I have a "daily"

Now starts tearing shit apart on the car since I don't have to (can't - clutch is farked) drive it everyday.

New daily. Tons of fun. Bought brand new. Currently breaking it in hard. Aka burnouts, wheelies, stoppies. Broke 40 miles on it today. I have a problem with leaving things stock. Put new bars/grips on it, ripped all the ugly stock useless shit off of it and got a full yosh for it. This little thing is insanely fun

4dc89d549451f88402976567748ebd01.jpg

So, let me ask the inevitable question...

Is there a race series for these things yet?

I know the perfect track... (hey, that's me at the beginning!)

Well shit, looks like they're already doing supermoto out there.... this could be a thing.... and it could be hilarious and awesome.

Any go kart track would be a blast, or Supermoto track would work too. Small 12" wheels kinda limit any really good tire choices. The brakes are meh and it only has like 10hp haha. Still enough to do 1st&2nd gear clutch ups though!

I'll be ordering a new countershaft sprocket tonight (dropping a tooth in the front)

They are very cheap too for something brand new.......

Exactly.

I like competition and racing, but at best, my skill level on 2 wheels are pretty mediocre. Let's face it: there are very few mortals who can pilot a 600cc street bike (or a 250cc dirtbike) to the limits of it's potential. Unfortunately, there isn't much available in the market between a moped and a 600cc bike. The world needs a cheap racing class that doesn't require getting on a course with a bunch of other novices on bikes that are capable of achieving lethal speeds...

The youtube videos that I've seen show some pretty close racing between riders who, honestly, don't appear to be very experienced..... I want this. :)

Supermotos are an awesome compromise between mopeds and sport bikes. They are pretty much street legal dirtbikes with sport bike wheels and tires (17" hoops) they are insanely fun and super easy to learn on. Insurance is cheap, parts are cheap, fun is cheap, etc. track days are a dime a dozen, they can be beaten on and crashed. If you break something, it's dirt cheap to fix (unlike sport bikes). They are the best of the onroad/off-road world. Are they fast topend? Heck no, but they get there awful quick. They also teach you more about bike control than any cruiser/street bike ever will.

TLDR; supermotos > all other 2 wheeled shit.

Haha. It would be nice to have something that could go faster that 60mph.... I might have to shop around some. I had a KLX650 a long time ago, but it was big and heavy, so I was too chicken to toss it around much. Still managed to crash it anyway...

My next bike project was going to be more of a flat-tracker style. Something like this:

XR650-Flattrack.jpg

As if I need another project...