WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

I'm sure the shop did this but make you look over all of the valve retainers super good. From everything I have read s50's built prior to 10/95 have retainer problems. The only reason I know this is because when I blew my motor up there were a couple ready to give out and let the valve drop. 

Assuming you replaced with 96+ retainers?

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered a stone for the block, time for some "resurfacing"

Was going to tackle that this weekend, but Brooke and I are going to USAIR for an autocross event. The track at shawano is insanely cool (lots of elevation changes and overall a tighter track)

I'll be co-driving her Miata. I'll be sure to fire up the Gopro's and post some hairdresser nonsense up

Spray some kroil or other oil down as a lubricant before using the stone. Really a lapping block and compound would a be better option to keep scratches out of the surface. Sharpening stones can be pretty corse for a machined sealing surface.

Following this: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1835219-My-CES-Cut-Ring-gasket-install-thread