WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

approved. Boost is always the answer. Linear, track-friendly boost is the better answer.

....unless you have an S65 like me in which case boost is insulting. 4.6L stroke when my motor grenades!!

Is the new miata intended to replace the current one, because it's already turbo'd? Or does Brooke need a spare turbo yata around for when you blow up the tune on the winter project?   :lol:

New Miata is intended to be summer driver I think? Idk, I don't ask questions anymore lol.

Also edit: it shouldn't blow up hopefully

Cool, what does something like this set an E30 owner back? If you're comfortable sharing...

New VF/RMS stage 1-bro kits are anywhere from $4500/$5500 as far as I can find.

The few used dinan kits I could find where selling from $2700-$2900

I paid $2500 for this.

When comparing that to the cost of turboing, it made me feel less crappy about spending money

32 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

that's a good deal. someone has a used vortech SC kit over on r3v and is asking 4500

if i came across a kit for that price, i think i would be forced to buy it too.

Depends what it the kit has, I know of a stage 2 12 psi kit that is being sold for $4,500 thinking about getting it, swapping blowers & selling my old kit. 

that's a good deal. someone has a used vortech SC kit over on r3v and is asking 4500

if i came across a kit for that price, i think i would be forced to buy it too.

"Depends what it the kit has, I know of a stage 2 12 psi kit that is being sold for $4,500 thinking about getting it, swapping blowers & selling my old kit". 

Kit is complete

Edit: not sure if you're referring to me

19 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

"Depends what it the kit has, I know of a stage 2 12 psi kit that is being sold for $4,500 thinking about getting it, swapping blowers & selling my old kit". 

Kit is complete

Edit: not sure if you're referring to me

Not at all, that RMS kit is good, I just don't like the VF kit. 

Nice build BTW, KR

• 3 weeks later...

Its interesting the changes they made in the oil and coolant passages between the M20 and M5X/S5X cylinder heads.

The number of oil feed passages is reduced, the size of the coolant passages is reduced (this doesnt mean less cooling, just look at the pinhole they put in a stock head gasket to meter the coolant flow) and all of the passages locate near a head bolt to maintain sealing when the head lifts ever so slightly. The oil returns also have more real estate around them (inherently from the head being much wider) which allows the gasket to be designed for reduced chance of external oil leaks.

What im trying to say is, get it back together soon so we can break s'more axles