WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

It's like the Same but Different: My 528e build

YoungCR

• 6 months later...

She lives again. Gotta beat the 375mi/3 week running streak of last year lol. Turns out my interesting running issues were a bad battery. Ben replaced the battery, fuel pump and trans mounts for me on Tuesday and the car fired up once it got fuel. Running nice and smooth now that it had some fresh gas and seafoam cycled through.

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...

New record! 1 month and 1 day until I was stranded yesterday. Car had been running poorly on and off for a variety of reasons but quit yesterday after I got off the highway. The fuel rail is wet and I'm guessing the temp sensor is out too. Besides the motor this car really needs a suspension refresh. As always I'll work on it whenever I have time but this is at the bottom of the projects list now again :(

• 11 months later...

Well I haven't touched this car in almost a year...

Recently parting out a E28 made me realize I forgot how much more enjoyable they are to work on for me. Not that the e34's are horrible but it gave me the motivation to get working on this again. 

MEPEH injectors seems to be going through some changes. I know some of you guys have gotten rebuilt injectors from there but they currently just have rebuild kits listed. Given everything else in the fuel system is new and roughly 240k on the motor it's time to refresh the injector set if they all pass a resistance test. 

Granted the parts will be here this week, I won't actually have the time for about a month to touch the car between moving out of my apartment and a canoe trip to the boundary waters.

9 minutes ago, Snap said:

Is there any desire/intention to do an " i " conversion?

Nothing wrong with keeping it an eta, mostly curious for reasons of fuel injectors

If these injectors aren't rebuildable or easily sourcable then I'll have to see. I have a super eta motor lined up which has all the b25 parts that make it way easier to maintain. I'll just have to determine if the body is worth the time as I still have little money invested in this car but it still has plenty of needs.

Well I haven't touched this car in almost a year...

Recently parting out a E28 made me realize I forgot how much more enjoyable they are to work on for me. Not that the e34's are horrible but it gave me the motivation to get working on this again. 

MEPEH injectors seems to be going through some changes. I know some of you guys have gotten rebuilt injectors from there but they currently just have rebuild kits listed. Given everything else in the fuel system is new and roughly 240k on the motor it's time to refresh the injector set if they all pass a resistance test. 

Granted the parts will be here this week, I won't actually have the time for about a month to touch the car between moving out of my apartment and a canoe trip to the boundary waters.

I was going to use MEPEH about a month ago & emailed him some questions.

He said he is slammed and barely has time for the injector rebuilding that he does (on the side perhaps?)

7 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

I was going to use MEPEH about a month ago & emailed him some questions.

He said he is slammed and barely has time for the injector rebuilding that he does (on the side perhaps?)

I read a DIY on just replacing the filters and o-rints with the kit, seams easy enough. My dad might still have a small ultrasonic cleaner I could use too. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/31/2018 at 11:50 AM, Jdesign said:

Hows this beaut doing?

Tis sitting in my storage unit :( I wanted to get this running for my wedding as I'd love to take photos with it even in its mismatched state. I feel like its a sign especially since I've been seeing e28's often lately. I have the MPEH kit for rebuilding the injectors, just need to go to the storage unit and pull them. 

23 hours ago, YoungCR said:

Tis sitting in my storage unit :( I wanted to get this running for my wedding as I'd love to take photos with it even in its mismatched state. I feel like its a sign especially since I've been seeing e28's often lately. I have the MPEH kit for rebuilding the injectors, just need to go to the storage unit and pull them. 

DO EITIITTTTTTTT!!!

• 2 months later...