WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

It's like the Same but Different: My 528e build

YoungCR

• 2 weeks later...

You have tire hatred issues...^

Not tire hatred issues, it's a forum thing.

On the note of spinning tires, coming home today I was rounding a corner in 3rd at about 45mph(out in the country on a back road. Gave it a bit of gas to get back up to speed, ass end kicked out so goddamn hard. I got so giddy with glee. An then I got sad really fucking fast. Cop was behind me with his lights on. I didn't even try to drift. :( Oh well. Under $200 can't complain!

Not tire hatred issues, it's a forum thing.

On the note of spinning tires, coming home today I was rounding a corner in 3rd at about 45mph(out in the country on a back road. Gave it a bit of gas to get back up to speed, ass end kicked out so goddamn hard. I got so giddy with glee. An then I got sad really fucking fast. Cop was behind me with his lights on. I didn't even try to drift. :( Oh well. Under $200 can't complain!

Bummer....I would complain if I could

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year, so here is a  long overdue update to my build thread! I never took pics/posted when I threw the interior in but here is a small update on whats going on with the car. Since my brother (BMWben) needed a vehicle to drive while he was on winter break from school and I was gonna be driving to Madison 6 times in two weeks I got the car finally registered and started driving it so I could save some money on fuel.

The car as it was sat.

IMG 0031

Scored a set of 15" Blizzaks at work so I threw them on the E34 Style 5's. The wheels need to be straightened a little bit as I had a bead leak on one, but otherwise look great on the car!

IMG 0037

Replaced the bulb that was broken in the accident, here is the damage to the core support and headlight bucket :(

IMG 0038

Interior shot, car still has the llama carpet in (actually has two carpets??) which will be switched out

IMG 0034

All ready to go!

IMG 0035

First fill up! Can't remember the last time I had the pump stop at $35!!

IMG 0041

And in customary wibimmers fashion I have a rage drifting video (slow mo rage drift, its an eta give me a break)

IMG_0042.mp4

This was all from December 14th, I drove the car to Beloit the next morning with no issues until last week I lost one of the exhaust clamps fell off. While on my very noisy drive to Madison the car popped out of 5th gear and I couldn't get it back into anything but 4th, something must have rattled apart in the shifter linkage. Keep in mind I put a whole $15 in misc. bolts from the hardware store to get this thing driving, reused worn shifter/clutch  etc. 

But the good news is I finally have a shop space!! :D I towed the car up there Sunday night and once I move all my parts/tools up there and get settled in I'll start disassembling the car so I can put in a new clutch. I'll pull the engine/trans out so I can work on the front end (looking at sourcing a parts car for panels and core support). Depending on how fast progress goes I'll put work into the interior. My plan is to have Sunday be "shop day" as I'll always have something to do between the two cars.