WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

On 4/2/2018 at 8:01 PM, Rekpoint said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/E36.BMW/permalink/2041526259209624/?sale_post_id=2041526259209624

If only this was closer.:mad::mad:

1997 328is with full M3 swap
All M3 parts came off a wrecked 1998 M3 with lower miles
Car now has 118,000
S52 with M50 manifold and Bimmer Life tune/Alex Fuller
Aluminum Mishimoto radiator with Euro expansion tank conversion
ZF 5speed 
Stromung rear muffler and catless mid section
Full M3 front and rear suspension and brakes, cross drilled Zimmerman rotors
K-Sport coilovers
M3 rear bumper no front bumper
Have M3 side skirts but not installed
M3 side mouldings 
M3 mirrors 
M-Rain fuller interior swap from 1994 325is M-Tech 
BMW MOTORSPORT front seat belts
Headliner, rear deck and A and C pillars are covered in synthetic suede
BMW MOTORSPORT door handles
RC041/RC042 wheels, could use a good polish.
Hood a roof are faded
Driver front seat need a little work
Car is not perfect but has A lot of good parts.
Only selling because of move to Germany and can't take it with.

$3000.00 firm

29792123_10214835907347651_7956973418043838646_n.jpg

29683697_10214835908587682_5467873416232166967_n.jpg

29790476_10214835909467704_6767940728981965895_n.jpg

Looks like it found a good home.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2356763-Z3-OT-Your-quot-other-quot-cars&p=29991853#post29991853

25 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

i don't know if @m42b32 plans on tracking his car, but for auto-x, lightweight wheels are pretty unimportant.

Track day for fun? Sure! I'm not building my car to any specific class rules or for any specific event, its just meant to be as fun as possible for any type of driving and look good (to me) doing it!

I remember reading an GRM article where they tested 'normal weight' and 'light weight' wheels on an autox car with the same tires/experienced driver and the lap times were negligible (so small it fit into 'margin of error' territory.)

something along the lines of the benefits of less rotational mass don't come into play as much for autox. (no long straightaways of acceleration or high speed brake zones.)

obviously, one article is not the be-all on the topic, but basically the point was to not worry about weight, go for the most mechanical grip you can stuff under your fenders. (spend the extra $500 you'd have to shovel out for lightweight wheels on better tires, instead)

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/effects-of-upsized-wheels-and-tires-tested

Assuming traction is not a factor, a 14 lb increase in unsprung weight is worth 0.3 seconds in a 0-60 sprint per Car and Driver's results, but I suspect this has somewhat to do with the effective gearing changes of the taller tires. 

The affect of reducing/increasing rotational mass is approximately equal to reducing/increasing double the amount of non-rotating mass  (5 lbs of wheel weight reduction ~= 10 lbs of cargo removal) 

Not posting for or against any opinions in the previous posts, its just a very fascinating topic and im glad Car and Driver did the testing for science

19 minutes ago, snap said:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/effects-of-upsized-wheels-and-tires-tested

Assuming traction is not a factor, a 14 lb increase in unsprung weight is worth 0.3 seconds in a 0-60 sprint per Car and Driver's results, but I suspect this has somewhat to do with the effective gearing changes of the taller tires. 

The affect of reducing/increasing rotational mass is approximately equal to reducing/increasing double the amount of non-rotating mass  (5 lbs of wheel weight reduction ~= 10 lbs of cargo removal) 

Not posting for or against any opinions in the previous posts, its just a very fascinating topic and im glad Car and Driver did the testing for science

going to a larger diameter wheel also moves more of the mass towards the outer edge, which could exacerbate the negative effect of the extra rotational mass. a more appropriate test would be 4 sets of wheels, all the same size but different weights.

17 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

DO NOT DO IT. 

That's my old garage with a super cracked and uneven floor that floods badly with the lightest rain and won't dry out for weeks. That place is a mess and the landlord couldn't care less.