WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

17 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

they arent getting that much. that BAT ended in reserve not met.

Well... if you search on BAT, there are a few that DID sell for close to that, above and below. ^_^

18 minutes ago, stealthbimmer said:

Jesus. Would be sweet to just make that E31 a track car. Why part it out, they are so cool. :(

-

Viper V10's are overpriced truck motors IMO.  "prototyped as a Magnum 5.9 with two extra cylinders"  I will say that they are cool cars and I do enjoy them, just the cost of what they are doesn't tickle my fancy. With that being said, did you know the largest Viper parts distributor is in Wisconsin in the middle of nowhere? I have a great story about how I found that out, its just too much to type :)

"WE SPECIALIZE IN DODGE VIPER PARTS WE HAVE THE LARGEST SELECTION OF DISMANTLED DODGEVIPERS IN THE COUNTRY."

-http://www.donscharfautomotive.net/

2 hours ago, Earl said:

I'd take that if it was prefacelift=P

Agreed.  I am a pre facelift fan myself. 

2 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Viper V10's are overpriced truck motors IMO.  

Without a doubt. Not saying its practical by any means. There are much better ways to spend that kind of coin with the same end result power wise. 

4 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Isn't the L92 an actual truck motor?

YUP!!!

But they also use the heads which are marked L92 on a few other motors. They are one of the better flowing heads I guess.(do your own research here)

Odd both of these cars come up for sale at the same time...

Two very serious, period modified e21's built by guys who were, and maybe still are, big names in modded BMWs:

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/d/1978-bmw-dinan-333i-turbo/6391124816.html

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-alpina-dietel-alpina-345i-turbo/

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/96-volvo-850-millennial/6388749585.html

This 96 Volvo wagon is the perfect vehicle for any millennial. Are you offended and hiding in your moms basement? Of course you are! Well listen up snowflake because I have the perfect vehicle for you. The 96 Volvo 850 R could be the safest of all safe spaces left in America now that donny T is out there being mean and hurting feelings. Allow me to elaborate on the safety features. First, there's literally videos of these vehicles all over the internet driving right through brick walls. BAM! Just like that you are now impervious to sticks and stones, na,na,na,boo,boo. The second safety feature is the fact that this vehicle is turbocharged. A turbocharger is a small device that looks like a snail. Millennials also ironically resemble snails because they are usually found inside a shell and commonly underground. This turbo device will keep you safe by allowing you to outpower and evade the majority of bullies out there. "You can't bully what u can't catch." This element of speed is extremely important because American DNA no longer has a fight or flight response, it only knows flight. Based on these new scientific facts the turbocharger is absolutely imperative to the survival of your feelings. 
The third safety feature of this vehicle is its primitive electronics. It doesn't have wifi so just click that phone off and cyber bullies can't get you! It's just you on the open road feeling safe and rocking a hilariously oversized vape pen. So when you're ready to step out of the nest come have a look at my seeedish boost wagon. Thanks for reading my post.

So, I text'd the guy. I hate when people just say "make and offer".....and then they get all offended when I offer $20. Sorry, gotta start somewhere.

Just in case anyone is wondering...after going back and forth with the guy to get a ballpark price he wants 3k for the car, 3.5k with spare drivetrain (engine, manual trans, tcase,shafts, and rear dif)

So, I text'd the guy. I hate when people just say "make and offer".....and then they get all offended when I offer $20. Sorry, gotta start somewhere.

Just in case anyone is wondering...after going back and forth with the guy to get a ballpark price he wants 3k for the car, 3.5k with spare drivetrain (engine, manual trans, tcase,shafts, and rear dif)

Well that’s a bit excessive