WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

That E30 seems like a good deal. Sucks its in Chitown.

Hate me if you will, but I really like that E28 lowrider. Its different and out of the box thinking. It also reminds me of an era that no longer exists. When I was a kid, lowriders were all the rage and I remember going to a few shows and they were awesome. Although the taste might not be everyones, the quality and amount of work that went into making that car is immense. A neon sign for a dome light, engraved valve cover, and completely chrome plated suspension components? That's insane.  

s-l1600.jpg

There are 2 types of "cool"

The first type of cool resonates with your soul and you are instantly convinced that it fits your personal definition of cool.

Example: Lamborghini Aventador puffing out a constant blue flame on the overrun

The second type of cool is very difficult because it requires you to be in the right state of mind to appreciate it and comprehend its coolness, it also requires more time, a closer look, and even a study of it.

Example: Communism

The lowrider is definitely "Type 2" cool.

just kidding about the communism

1 hour ago, Jdesign said:

That E30 seems like a good deal. Sucks its in Chitown.

Hate me if you will, but I really like that E28 lowrider. Its different and out of the box thinking. It also reminds me of an era that no longer exists. When I was a kid, lowriders were all the rage and I remember going to a few shows and they were awesome. Although the taste might not be everyones, the quality and amount of work that went into making that car is immense. A neon sign for a dome light, engraved valve cover, and completely chrome plated suspension components? That's insane.  

Agreed. All I could think about was the amount of time and money someone dedicated to that thing. A lot of custom stuff.

On 7/7/2017 at 1:26 PM, straight6pwr said:

that interior is deplorable. how did BMW let that leave the factory? why was 'honda civic laser blue' even an option for interior parts?

idk its different, and just screams 90's to me lol. I dig it. On the other hand, that price is stupid. Its not a Ferrari.  

4 hours ago, RobZR said:

Been trying to get "The Boss" to warm up to a nice touring. But, every time I show her something like this:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/6196657479.html

e34t.jpg

she see's this:

family truckster .jpg

well maybe someday.

looks like a unicorn worthy of a road trip.

!!!!!  That is EXACTLY what my boss says.  Any mention of a wagon and she wrinkles up her face and says she always thinks of a wagon with wood panel sides and hates them.  big bummer.

I blame the american companys for wood paneling and the now, very large, lack of taste towards wagons. I think its very well the same reason soccer moms now drive gas guzzling SUV's with no intentions of taking them off road besides driving over you and your car when they are too busy on their cell phones or yelling at the kids in the back seat. * sorry end of rant*

Image result for SUV mom

18 hours ago, REKIII said:

!!!!!  That is EXACTLY what my boss says.  Any mention of a wagon and she wrinkles up her face and says she always thinks of a wagon with wood panel sides and hates them.  big bummer.

It seems I somehow brain washed Sam into liking wagons and she would actually prefer a wagon right now over her sedans lol