WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

On 3/10/2018 at 7:00 PM, i_love_cars said:

Look what just resurfaced after BaT:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=420950

Looks like the BaT buyer was in over his head and couldn't muster $26k cash for this car (shhhhhocker). 

I really wanted to buy this car. It still just seems like way too much money for what it actually is, despite being really clean. 

Thats a really beautiful car, but like you said, IDK about that price though. 

2 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Thats a really beautiful car, but like you said, IDK about that price though. 

the thing that really makes me salty about the guy is that he's asking 26k. The final hammer on BaT fell at 23,750, so he's basically asking for that PLUS the fees that WOULD have gone to BaT. It's not like he even would get those fees as the seller. They are paid to BaT. It's ridiculous that he's looking for basically an additional 2250 over and above the already ludicrous price of 23,750. 

Fuck that. 

4 minutes ago, AsparagusMike said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1301042283330634

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That poor car :(

35 minutes ago, stealthbimmer said:

LOLOL. File that under the "I KNOW WHAT I HAVE"

8 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Yusss. IDK about that price tho.

21 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

$3k seems like a really fair price to me based on the condition in the pictures and the mileage.  If anything it might raise a red flag as a scam price but the description doesn't read like it to me.

I looked closer at it now and you are probably right. Its super clean for what it is and the miles clearly make it worth that. I just cant imagine seeing a huge market for someone wanting such a car lol. 

I rather have this if I were to get a V12 https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/93-mercedes-s600-v12-lorinser/6514066466.html

Ughhhh actually I reallly really want that. :shifty:

11 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

Yeah that thing is super cool. I would be sweet if it included the OEM phone, fax machine, Tube TV, and wine cooler.

interiorBMWindiviualHigline3.jpg

Hell yeah. That’s part of the reason I want an e32/e38 at some point, I just think that stuff is so cool. Useless in the case of the phone and fax probably, but still neat. The cooler would be so awesome and handy. 

50 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

A guy at work has a '79 633 with a BMW branded CB radio from when the car was new in it.  Weird cool stuff in some of these cars.

I think mine had one of those too. There was all kind's of odd stereo plugs and wires running from the dash to the underside of the rear seats. Unfortunately when I got the car all the main components were gone including all of the stereo bits :(