WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

15 hours ago, AsparagusMike said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't these cars come with a limp mode feature to possibly avoid damaging components on the engine such as the head-gasket?

Yes, but it can only do so much. If the water pump stops working or the car has been continuously driven while overheating, there's always a chance of catastrophic failure.

Would be a beautiful car if it wasnt for the rust [emoji20]

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-bmw-328is-tech-dinan/6524137823.html
I was going to buy this a few months ago for 2500. Someone bought it a few weeks ago for 3500 and is trying to flip it. The rust was fine for me only thing that kept me from buying it was the dent in the passenger door. The car isn't Boston green like it looks. Its actually Ferngreen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, snap said:

What about other horrible revelations such as:

-Texas Flood Car

-Florida Flood Car

-Vape parts found in-between the seats 

-///M valve stem caps

Thankfully, none of those things. It's been in Illinois since 2010 with documentation. The car was sold to CarMax, then bought at auction by the guy who I picked it up from. He took a gamble and soon found out that he was in over his head.

Like Jason said, it is a manufacturer buyback car (lemon law). I knew this before driving down there and it doesn't bother me. My friend who works at BMW looked up the VIN this morning and determined it was bought back for HPFP issues, which are very common in the early years of these cars. Cool that it's nothing serious. HPFP are well documented.

A different friend of mine had a 2007 335i with a buyback title that he was still able to sell for $7k last year. It had way more miles, smoking turbos, and no packages. The one I just bought is nice, just needs a little work. The title isn't even stamped with any buyback crap. It's bone stock, and completely unmodified. Dealer records, original owners manuals, paperwork, etc. I got a steal @ $2,400.

1 hour ago, suspenceful said:

Thankfully, none of those things. It's been in Illinois since 2010 with documentation. The car was sold to CarMax, then bought at auction by the guy who I picked it up from. He took a gamble and soon found out that he was in over his head.

Like Jason said, it is a manufacturer buyback car (lemon law). I knew this before driving down there and it doesn't bother me. My friend who works at BMW looked up the VIN this morning and determined it was bought back for HPFP issues, which are very common in the early years of these cars. Cool that it's nothing serious. HPFP are well documented.

A different friend of mine had a 2007 335i with a buyback title that he was still able to sell for $7k last year. It had way more miles, smoking turbos, and no packages. The one I just bought is nice, just needs a little work. The title isn't even stamped with any buyback crap. It's bone stock, and completely unmodified. Dealer records, original owners manuals, paperwork, etc. I got a steal @ $2,400.

What’re your plans for it? Just gonna flip it, or hold onto it for awhile?

5 minutes ago, P_Roloff said:

What’re your plans for it? Just gonna flip it, or hold onto it for awhile?

Probably flip it before I get too attached to it. I've been wanting another sedan. Only thing that bothers me is no heated seats... first world problems.

Otherwise it's lower mileage than my daily 335i and has paddle shifters.

Look what just resurfaced after BaT:
https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=420950
Looks like the BaT buyer was in over his head and couldn't muster $26k cash for this car (shhhhhocker). 
I really wanted to buy this car. It still just seems like way too much money for what it actually is, despite being really clean. 
It's sooo damn sexy. I want it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk