WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

3 hours ago, Snap said:

Just noticed this in the ad:

"Though it has a clean Oregon title, the car was red flagged by the California Air Resources Board due to an earlier engine conversion shortly before its purchase by the seller, who emphasizes that it will never be legal for California registration as a result."

Eliminates all the competition in Cali which could certainly help the price

41 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

Just noticed this in the ad:

"Though it has a clean Oregon title, the car was red flagged by the California Air Resources Board due to an earlier engine conversion shortly before its purchase by the seller, who emphasizes that it will never be legal for California registration as a result."

Eliminates all the competition in Cali which could certainly help the price

Good eye!

damn you and your crashing of my hopes and dreams into the ocean of reality.

I may pull the trigger even at a few thousand more. I was already planning about $12k for rod bearings, supercharger, and an xpipe for the M3 so if I don't do that and instead got this car, I could probably justify a little extra cash because....i mean....it's a full car and my wife loves E30s as much as I do which helps. 
You will never win if you don't play! If you don't even attempt I'll be extremely dissapointed... [emoji14] Make a bid and see where it goes!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yeah i'm watching it attentively right now.  I guess yeah if other auto services do that too then fine but it still literally is against how every other sales mechanism works i.e. the seller pays fees in basically every other walk of life. It would make more sense for super rare cars that you can't just find anywhere - basically paying for the opportunity to own such things. But BaT is rapidly turning into something bigger than that. 

and yes the main reason I am even considering this is because Cali restrictions eliminate buyers so I have faith that the bids won't go crazy. 

As much as I think it would be fun to supercharge the M3, I think it would be more fun to have a street-friendly S50 e30 that isn't beat to shit. So i'm definitely seriously considering it still 

yeah i'm watching it attentively right now.  I guess yeah if other auto services do that too then fine but it still literally is against how every other sales mechanism works i.e. the seller pays fees in basically every other walk of life. It would make more sense for super rare cars that you can't just find anywhere - basically paying for the opportunity to own such things. But BaT is rapidly turning into something bigger than that. 
and yes the main reason I am even considering this is because Cali restrictions eliminate buyers so I have faith that the bids won't go crazy. 
As much as I think it would be fun to supercharge the M3, I think it would be more fun to have a street-friendly S50 e30 that isn't beat to shit. So i'm definitely seriously considering it still 

You should keep seriously considering this

1 minute ago, suspenceful said:

So for that non-E30 inclined folks, what's this thing actually worth? Went from $12k to almost $17k pretty quick.

As with everything....whatever someone will pay for it. You could build the car for cheaper than its currently at, but finding a clean shell is the hard part. Way overpriced IMO.

and just went to 21k

6 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

So for that non-E30 inclined folks, what's this thing actually worth? Went from $12k to almost $17k pretty quick.

$15,000 would be a fair deal for the buyer. anything less than 12,000 would be a steal.

north of $19,000 and you have to start demanding an S52, LS, turbo, impeccably clean chassis or other value adder, from what ive witnessed.

aaaaand its in the 20's 

1 minute ago, Snap said:

$15,000 would be a fair deal for the buyer. anything less than 12,000 would be a steal.

north of $17 and you have to demand an S52, LS, turbo, or other value adder

Thats what Im thinking. It is a very nice car, but it is still just a s50 swapped e30 with bolt ons. 

$23,750... seller is probably jumping around right now. 

My E30 isnt nearly as nice as that one, but even though the performance should be similar between my modded M52 and an S50, i'd probably only get $7000-$8000 for mine , add an S50 and it would probably pull $9500-$10,500 on account of 0.2L an MPower beauty cover and the letter S.   Not belittling the S5x  but from a driver's experience a modded M52 in a base model E30 will perform nearly identically to an S50 swapped E30 M3 but for about 1/4 of the price.