WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

That's a little insane. There was a guy I met a while back right near me that ended up selling me a trans for my motor that had bought a 91 ix almost identical to that one to fix up. Front end smashed in from an accident but clean everywhere else, same color, automatic trans...and he payed 1200 bucks for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yea, I didnt even respond to him. I had to close the txt to prevent me saying something mean( my new years resolution was to be nicer, it's been hard a road) 

His response to my first text (which was just asking for a ballpark price) was: "No idea. I know theyre worth the most of all e30s cuz theyre the rarest". 

Which, yea maybe, but a wrecked car is still a wrecked car. You may get lucky and be able to rebuild it, but its pretty much a parts car as it sits. A front end is very hard to get back together where everything doesnt look wonky after a front end collision like that. My e34 wasn't nearly that bad and I still had to ghetto space some bolts to keep my front end from looking like it has downs. There is not 3k in parts on there. The drivetrain is really the only thing worth more on the ix, the tcase in particular. I will say, the extras for $500 is probably worth it. I know the tcases are becoming harder and harder to find in working order. 

That being said, post is gone. Tempted to ask him why. Unless somebody had a bag of cash they needed to unload 

On 12/11/2017 at 5:58 AM, wally509 said:

Odd both of these cars come up for sale at the same time...

Two very serious, period modified e21's built by guys who were, and maybe still are, big names in modded BMWs:

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/d/1978-bmw-dinan-333i-turbo/6391124816.html

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-alpina-dietel-alpina-345i-turbo/

Woah. those are both really awesome. I would prefer the Dinan car myself.

1 hour ago, m42b32 said:

LOLOL but its not tho......

22 hours ago, stealthbimmer said:

That being said, post is gone. Tempted to ask him why. Unless somebody had a bag of cash they needed to unload 

Nah its still posted. And still posted for too much money.

10 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Do it. I won't stop you. It'll be a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It will likely go for more than I have to spend. I really just want the manual swap goodies. 

Wondering how it ended up there with such minimal body damage

Doesnt take much for insurance companies to total 20+ year old cars. It does have a clean title though, so who knows what the circumstances are

7 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

I browse CoPart every once in a while, mostly for newer BMWs, but can't do much because I don't have a dealers license.

Do you guys have a license or a way around that?

I believe there are brokers who will help you buy a car with their license, but then they charge a fee

Another option is look in MN, since I believe you don't need a license there

5 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

I believe there are brokers who will help you buy a car with their license, but then they charge a fee

I've looked into brokers, but it just seems like more hassle than it's worth. And I know getting a dealer's license isn't exactly an easy task either.

Nice tip on looking in MN.

I've looked into brokers, but it just seems like more hassle than it's worth. And I know getting a dealer's license isn't exactly an easy task either.

Nice tip on looking in MN.

I heard E-Repairables is the best broker as they don't expose your high bid.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Boris3 said:

I'm trying to figure out why this one looks familiar. Anyone here own this in the past or know the car? Maybe its just the front kidney color add-ons.   https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-bmw-330i/6422857732.html

I think you may be thinking of Dimitri, with the black E39 and a similar grille coloring. Thats who I thought of. He has made it to the picnic a few times and a few other meets/drives