WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

9 hours ago, stealthbimmer said:

I did not. I do not have capabilities outside of the free ones. 

Same here. OK granted it's been a while since I last bought a Carfax package but now $39.99 a pop and six for $99??? Autocheck has multiple reports for $49 but have to be used in 21 days.

Snap, rebranding headlights is small time. WIBimmers needs to go into the VIN check business.

1 hour ago, Boris3 said:

Same here. OK granted it's been a while since I last bought a Carfax package but now $39.99 a pop and six for $99??? Autocheck has multiple reports for $49 but have to be used in 21 days.

Snap, rebranding headlights is small time. WIBimmers needs to go into the VIN check business.

Community Carfax account? That would be neat.

1 hour ago, straight6pwr said:

hey guys smokin deal here. $275 for super fucked up e30 front bumper and valance. even comes with pre-smashed fog lights so you dont have to go searching for rocks on the highway.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/d/bmw-e30-front-bumper-with/6367698219.html

That was not even worth pulling off the car 

So, do e30s come with a crack addiction these days? Or, am I missing something.

I get it, its rare, but it is also high mileage and the body is in terrible shape. Parts are also becoming harder and harder to find

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-bmw-325ix-e30-awd-5/6385885383.html

....for a stock 318? Really?

https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-bmw-318i-e30/6385944042.html

5.5k for a beat to piss (by the story, its whole life) vert

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-bmw-325i-convertible/6385727521.html

From the previous ad "  I dare you to find a 27 year old convertible that's lived its whole life in the midwest in better shape than mine. I know of at least three white e30 convertibles in Wisconsin, and I promise you that mine is hands-down the absolute best example you will see. "

This one sure looks a hell of a lot nicer, and actually worth the asking price

https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-e30-325i-cabriolet-58k/6385740083.html

32 minutes ago, stealthbimmer said:

So, do e30s come with a crack addiction these days?

Crack addled dreams or reading the perceived market. A bit of both. Part of it is the e30 M3 price inflation spillover. If e30 M3 prices are crazy at $40-90k than my non-m must be worth $$$.  Some of it is scarcity of nonrusted/non beat up cars which leads to upward price pull on the rusted/beatup coupes and sedans, and over the past few years the trend has spilled over to the verts. First the clean ones and now the rusted/beat ones. Finally, there are folks willing to pay the inflated prices.

You really want crack addiction versus market dynamics look at the prices of used trucks. No e30 style allure but with the new 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton pickups going for $40-90k that leads sellers of rusted rocker beat up 10+ year old trucks with 175k+ mileage to ask over $15k (or over 200k and 15 years old to ask over $10k, or just go full bore stupid pricing if selling a diesel with up to 300k; or roll out the salvage titles for the same price range) and know they stand a good chance of getting it.  

Rant over...

100% agreed on E30 prices being on crack

100% agreed on that white vert in madison being a solid deal

$11,000 seems to be the cost of entry for an E30 with an M50B32, sorry, i meant S52.

Im still salty because I couldnt find a decent S52 for less than $2000 during a few months of thorough searching.

The best one i found had lower (140) compression on 2 cylinders for $2300.

Most of all im saltiest that clownshoe prices are on fentanyl and bath salts and i will never be able to justify buying one.

4 minutes ago, Boris3 said:

You really want crack addiction versus market dynamics look at the prices of used trucks. No e30 style allure but with the new 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton pickups going for $40-90k that leads sellers of rusted rocker beat up 10+ year old trucks with 175k+ mileage to ask over $15k (or over 200k and 15 years old to ask over $10k, or just go full bore stupid pricing if selling a diesel with up to 300k; or roll out the salvage titles for the same price range) and know they stand a good chance of getting it.  

That I am completely fine with...because I own a truck. I can probably sell mine for what I paid for it 3 years and 50k miles ago.

Maybe thats why I am salty about e30 prices, because I want one but wont spend that kind of money on one. 

5 minutes ago, Snap said:

100% agreed on E30 prices being on crack

100% agreed on that white vert in madison being a solid deal

$11,000 seems to be the cost of entry for an E30 with an M50B32, sorry, i meant S52.

Im still salty because I couldnt find a decent S52 for less than $2000 during a few months of thorough searching.

The best one i found had lower (140) compression on 2 cylinders for $2300.

Most of all im saltiest that clownshoe prices are on fentanyl and bath salts and i will never be able to justify buying one.

Thats alright, be me 6-7 years ago when I did my s52 swap into my e34. They were going for 3-5k. Thats why I ended up buying a whole wrecked m3 for 3k. Now the motors sell for 1.5k. 

I still kick myself for selling that car, especially for how cheap I let it go.

35 minutes ago, Snap said:

i kick you too, that thing was awesome! I wanted it quite badly when it was for sale.

Are you in the Green Bay area or in the Greenfield area?  I remember it being for sale in Green Bay and remember seeing it drive around around Greenfield. 

It was probably posted for sale in Waukesha. Never lived in GB. Sold is ~3 years back. Always wonder if it is still kicking around or not. I havent personally seen it.