WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

So am I missing something with the e36 328i? Low mileage, a whole lot of recent work done, manual, more pics than typical spam bait, for $2500 obo??

It's been up for awhile too. Probably location. It's also not a highly sought after car. Most people in the market for an e36 either want a nice m3 or a cheap beat up car for drifting. Not much demand for a nice clean 328.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, stealthbimmer said:

Any 20 year old car that lived in the rust belt and didnt get taken off the road in winters is going to have surface rust. It would still make a nice daily mechanically wise, as long as the typical e36 weakpoints are ok 

Unfortunately that isn't surface rust. That panel always rots from the inside out from what I've experienced=? It is just like the rear quarter panels and doors. They get odd circles rusting out from the inside that are right in the middle of the panel. 

4 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

This is just speculation but it was a recent sale with the 7 character plates.  Someone could have bought it and figured out they got screwed with a bad head or head gasket and is trying to pass it along.

That thought crossed my mind as well. Especially with all the maintenance done "in the last 2 months"

It could of gotten new plates for other reason as well. I guess without running the vin its just speculation.

5 minutes ago, Earl said:

Unfortunately that isn't surface rust. That panel always rots from the inside out from what I've experienced=? It is just like the rear quarter panels and doors. They get odd circles rusting out from the inside that are right in the middle of the panel. 

"surface" was the wrong choice of word I guess. Probably should of just left it at "rust". 

Noticed the plates as well.The front end work plus airbag light on also raises questions though the front body work looks OK. The initial brief reply from the seller on Saturday when I texted for more info was that new kid on the way was the reason for the sale. I didn't get an answer for how long they'd had the car, so asked again for the info and for the VIN. No reply. 

Got a vin, if anyone has the capabilities to run it  wbacd3321vav20206

You must have some magic powers. I asked for the VIN and he wouldn't give it out...Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I dunno. I just asked. I have been known to be a sweet talker, but I don't think it's translates well over text.a24d95d178986c1b0eb4af9e4cd8be9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Got a vin, if anyone has the capabilities to run it  wbacd3321vav20206

You must have some magic powers. I asked for the VIN and he wouldn't give it out...Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I dunno. I just asked. I have been known to be a sweet talker, but I don't think it's translates well over text.a24d95d178986c1b0eb4af9e4cd8be9e.jpgSent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

See the difference is you asked for it to be checked and I just asked for it wtf.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk