WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Are those quick-disconnects on the fuel lines?

Kinda, -6AN fittings attached to a stock filter/regulator. See pic.

Making new fuel lines with my new 37 degree AN flare tool! Super easy but haven't mastered my bends yet.

Fuel Feed: Tank -> 4-6" of 3/8" rubber hose -> barbed fitting -> -6AN Male -> -6AN Female -> 2' of 5/16 Steel fuel line -> -6AN Female -> -6AN Male attached to input of Fuel filter/pressure regulator -> -6AN Male attached to output Fuel filter/pressure regulator -> 4' of 5/16 Steel fuel line -> -6AN Female -> -6AN Male -> braided fuel line -> -6AN fuel rail adaptor -> LS3 Fuel Rail (Needed to use to fit MSD Atomic AirForce Intake) -> DEKA 60lbs injectors

Fuel Return: Tank -> 4-6" of 3/8" rubber hose -> barbed fitting -> -6AN Male -> -6AN Female -> 2' of 5/16 Steel fuel line -> -6AN Female -> -6AN Male attached to return of Fuel filter/pressure regulator

Thinking about putting a pressure gauge in the engine bay for easy trouble shooting.0dbb8f6cbcf1d0b74742cdda01544483.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thinking about putting a pressure gauge in the engine bay for easy trouble shooting.

You should. They are cheap and will save you some guess work down the road! Glad to see you making good progress. Keep on hammering through [emoji3]

I'm trying. With a 6 month old I have 30 min here, 2 hours there. I'll pick it up!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I want to weld a 1/4" thick plate to my jack points so i dont feel as bad about things

Looks good man! Does the LS require larger fuel lines? I can now gladly say that i have now seen one of those 135 degree bend AN fittings in use. Are the lines aluminum? I wouldnt think steel would be uncoated.  

3 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

glad i'm not the only one who's frame rail looks disregarded :lol:

those new lines are oh so tidy. *thumbsup

Thanks!  This thing has been jacked up so many times...  LOL  a local indy shop smashed up my rockers after they were perfectly straightened out by yours truly.  Those will get bent back and painted. 

2 hours ago, Snap said:

I want to weld a 1/4" thick plate to my jack points so i dont feel as bad about things

Looks good man! Does the LS require larger fuel lines? I can now gladly say that i have now seen one of those 135 degree bend AN fittings in use. Are the lines aluminum? I wouldnt think steel would be uncoated.  

All the dents gives the jack something to grab onto!  

It doesn't require larger fuel lines.  I'm running 5/16 steel fuel lines for now.  Got the line in a 30' roll from napa.  We will see how they hold up but they should be fine.

Two 120 degree AN fittings are looking great!  Behling Racing in Butler hooks it up for these things.  I broke one this AM while making the hose and they only charged me $10 for a new one.  

• 3 weeks later...