WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

usu6y2em.jpg

I have done some more work after this pic.

Passenger side intercooler/pre-turbo piping tightened down. The driver side piping is cut and ready to be clamped down. First I need to get some vacuum lines/hardware in order before that is finished as well as some cutting to the body(Should be done tomorrow).

The vac/boost, AF ratio and oil pressure gauges need to be wired up. They're all are mounted. Should take 2 hours max...>_>

Tomorrow my daily travels will take me to Concours for some coolant and an o-ring for the oil level sensor. Water wetter is waiting!

Bleed the brakes and slave.

I need to find an e30 driveshaft with good u-joints. My rear joint is junk. Friday I might order a one piece aluminum shaft. Other than that the suspension is ready. Also, solid transmission mounts are in my head.

My 3in stainless steal stock is in my exhaust guy's possession. $500 labor for the full exhaust! I'll see how long I can take the shorty exhaust coming out of the hood before I drive it out to dude's shop for the full thing.

As for boost, I'm running my smallest spring, 2.9psi, while I break in my motor for 1000 miles. I'll try not to see any boost during that time.

CCV will be ran off of the soon to be 3/4in NPT fitting on the valve cover->catch can-> exhaust to pull vacuum.

Maybe start it tomorrow night?? #shootingforthemoon

Tic toc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You can break in on boost no problem, most people prefer to do so because it will seat things with the pressures that they will be seeing most of their life. 

All of this stuff is personal preference though. I will be breaking in on 7lbs because my clutch needs a 500 mile break-in, after that she will see the full 16lbs. And the lead foot ;)

You can break in on boost no problem, most people prefer to do so because it will seat things with the pressures that they will be seeing most of their life. 

All of this stuff is personal preference though. I will be breaking in on 7lbs because my clutch needs a 500 mile break-in, after that she will see the full 16lbs. And the lead foot ;)

I'm going to run boost on the break in too. I tried to go super easy on it but I know I will want to feel the powa so I'm glad you justified my lead foot syndrome.

I've seen this beast in person! Doesn't sound terrible either ;)

Noise wise it is bearable. The fumes however are a different story. I'll just chalk it up under the hotrodding lifestyle.

This afternoon I'm going to put some serious miles on if my little oil leak is taken care of. I think I have it nailed down. I tightened some slightly loose 10mm bolts on the vanos cover. One might be stripped and not from me tighting... The PO did some weird things so this didn't surprise me. Anyways, we will see how the garage floor looks!

It sees boost to 5psi. I got on it last night on an on ramp. She got scary in 2nd 7/8 down to the floor @ 3800rpm. I let off at 4500 and just started laughing! I'm trying to ease this thing in!