WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

You weren't afraid of particulate getting stuck in the cover and contaminating the oil? Maybe I'm thinking too much=P

I will clean the crap out of everything when I'm putting it back together. e5a3y9a7.jpgy6uneduq.jpg

Still waiting on the rods and pistons. They were to be shipped this week. Maybe today...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2 things, well more than that but I'll just list the main things. 1. what the fuck were you thinking painting things gold. Like really?? 2. You are building the motor why did you not o-ring the block and use a oem headgasket or CES cutring gasket? This is the way to go if you did research!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Got new flares I see. Are they the Kamotors ones? You had ones molded in before right?

Digging the progress=)

Those are the kamotors ultrawides. They fit great! My flares were fiberglassed out from the previous owner.

I'm gonna be going gangbusters on this thing these next couple of days.

Update:

-The head is being put on and timed up by Kummrow now.  Hopefully done this week but probably next week.  I might have him weld in baffles for the oil pan. 

-Rear suspension is 99% painted and new condorspeedshop bushings installed.  I will try to get that in this week.  Pics to come.

-I need to install the wiring for the PLX wideband. 

-Have to get tubing for the boost gauge.

-Oil feed line to turbo is needed.

-Weld intercooler bracket and BOV bung.

-And the big question.  EXHAUST WORK?!?!  I have some leads on where to go but I'm open to suggestions.  Debating on spending top dollar or just get a cheapy for now. 

• 1 month later...

aduvaqu2.jpg

The guy that is building this from the ground up is going to do my exhaust, BOV bung and maybe a custom catch can.

Getting really close guys!

-Wiring harness is sorted and 99% installed.

-The intercooler mount needs some tweaking.

-Monday I'm getting the rest of my parts for the car to run. A couple new sensors and a CSB (I forsee an aluminum drive shaft in my future).

-Vacuum lines for BOV, waste gate and boost gauge have to be routed.

-And some other small things need to be done.

Yahoo!!