WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Let's see where the magic happens *garage photos*

Jdesign

1 hour ago, m42b32 said:

Real Z28? That 302 is a pretty impressive engine considering it came out in 1969. 1st gen Camaros are probably my favorite pony/muscle car from that era

Yes, she is real. The engine has been opened up and has internal mods. We dont exactly know WHAT was done, but the car was at one point owned by and engine builder for race cars. Hence it required to run on race fuel.  My father bought it from my brother in law for like $3k when he needed cash after he got arrested after robbing a gas station. The car needs full paint, but other than that it is original sans the engine mods.

I have never the car except for moving it in/out/around the warehouse.

My dad also has a very nice old MGA that he restored from the ground up that just sits under a cover and collects dust. Along side that sits another MGA twincam that he has been "restoring" for probably over a decade at this point. He paid 10k for an engine for it some years back that just sits. 

• 3 months later...
  • YoungCR changed the title to Let's see where the magic happens *garage photos*

Realized I've never posted in here! I've had a lot of places in the last 4 years...

Before I graduated, home base was my parents driveway. If I was lucky, I could pull it into the garage every once in a while:

15898376857_c9ba5ec1a4_b.jpg

1st place of my own was a 10x20 foot single car garage that was more of a storage place for my wrecked car and some spare parts. Didn't have room for my tools, so I didn't get anything done in the year that I had it. Don't even have a picture because it sucked and I was never there. 

Then I moved to a pretty large 2.5 car garage with decent security and outlets everywhere. It would've been awesome except it was expensive, far from home, the floor only had one level spot big enough for one car, flooded every time it rained, and the landlord wasn't great. There was always a massive puddle of water (and in the winter, ice) covering a good 20% of the floor... This picture was from moving in, it rained that night and ruined a bunch of stuff on the floor. 

29485634850_8c1b4878ca_b.jpg

Got fed up with that and moved again. Now I've got a 2 car garage that's more affordable, has a level floor, and most importantly it's dry. 

23729366638_bf14531e7f_b.jpg

Each move has been progressively more difficult. First one was accomplished with a suburban in one trip. Second one was 5 trips with some help. Next time is probably going to require a box truck... if I move again it'll hopefully be to somewhere I own!

19 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

Each move has been progressively more difficult. First one was accomplished with a suburban in one trip. Second one was 5 trips with some help. Next time is probably going to require a box truck... if I move again it'll hopefully be to somewhere I own!

I know how that goes, my next move is gonna be with a semi truck... I'm not moving again until I build my own shop though. I'd love to be able to just walk out my door to work on cars instead of driving 20+ minutes. 

The reality of this still hasn't fully set in yet. Hoping to finish the portion of the garage that hasn't been insulated yet this spring. Lots of cleaning before the barn is more useable.
20171125_152826.thumb.jpg.92033db9fb628b320f61366985c5ada1.jpg
20180130_192646.thumb.jpg.28739299b47121014b95bb812d1b007d.jpg
20180204_175516.thumb.jpg.823fca3816d23ebca4d400af8626d3bd.jpg
20171125_154350.thumb.jpg.4059e9b1b55ff50254c62c92e15a1e1d.jpg

Dream garage right there. What would be better than 3 e36s?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, wasnt m3 said:

The reality of this still hasn't fully set in yet. Hoping to finish the portion of the garage that hasn't been insulated yet this spring. Lots of cleaning before the barn is more useable.

20171125_152826.jpg

20180130_192646.jpg

20180204_175516.jpg

20171125_154350.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I'm having a really hard time visualizing this space. Is that garage front the barn on the back?

1 hour ago, Boris3 said:

No e36 disrespect intended but given the space and the existing rides I'd vote for a two or four post lift as next step. Maybe more than one.

Hey if I'm going to be living vicariously through someone else's dream setup let's go big.

A lift is definitely in the works, a bit out though. The last e36 is a parts car and will be in the barn as soon as the ground dries up.