WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Let's see where the magic happens *garage photos*

Jdesign

Wow....I haven't updated in awhile.

Got the inside insulated and the upper haf painted:

2014-10-09072432_zps7fbb2d74.jpg

2014-10-14190058_zps473dc1ff.jpg

2014-10-14190115_zpsf28f6fea.jpg

And after a lot of cleaning and scrubbing, I moved most of the stuff from the attached garage to the shed.  This is the first of many truckloads.

2014-10-26155342_zpsd14ab890.jpg

I'm getting an insulated door put in, and I'll be hanging a small heater as temporary to keep the space above freezing for the winter.  The wife wants a bathroom in the basement, so that will be my winter project, instead of finishing the inside of the shed.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Old thread back from the dead!!!

But I spent a ton of time cleaning, fixing and rearranging things in the shop last night. I took some pictures but cant upload until later. I guess Im just commenting as a reminder for myself.

Also installed a Monitor that was sitting around for the surveillance system and bought $100 worth of foam mats from Harbor Freight. Something I would suggest everyone to do if you stand working on your car more than 20 mins. 

Image result for Harbor freight foam tiles

Here are those mats installed and already dirty from doing the clutch on a TDI. Oddly satisfying to walk around on. Totally worth it. 

99106122-55E4-4292-A3F5-5465332972DF.jpeg4AF554FD-8A84-4D1D-8131-ACB803605DAD.jpeg942C67D8-D5EF-46D7-B604-92658CE48992.jpeg

Having a monitor with all the cameras in view is awesome. I mentioned this in the other thread but meant to post here about the security cameras. $100 for 4 WiFi color night vision cameras is the best thing ever. Crime isn’t bad where I’m at, but just a piece of mind and being able to see the shop when I’m not there from just an app on my phone is awesome. 

03C6FFC6-807E-4A27-AE0A-055529529A42.jpeg

I also picked up this vintage fridge from a buddy that does pinstripping. I plan on painting it, and using it to replace a fridge that just died last week. 

200928B8-329D-48C1-878A-1A6D00662143.jpeg

36 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I forgot how poorly the space was used in the garage before. 
It's amusing to think the only thing removed was that "shelving" thing in the back. 

Yeah this is a pretty awesome set up, It just needs a lift now. :)

35 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

@Jdesign I want your shop. 
So glorious. 

You are free to come hang out/ wrench on cars whenever you want! And thank you :) Its crazy to think that the majority of all my stuff was collected from dumpster shopping.

18 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Yeah this is a pretty awesome set up, It just needs a lift now. :)

You are free to come hang out/ wrench on cars whenever you want! And thank you :) Its crazy to think that the majority of all my stuff was collected from dumpster shopping.

I'll have to come up with an excuse to do so sometime. 

Well, my home garage isnt really setup as my wrenching spot. It mostly consists of kids toys and strollers. Next house.....next house

But, here is my warehouse where I do most of my stuff anyways.

The lift, where my brothers POS audi has been sitting for months. Now that I think of it, I believe this lift has been occupied by and audi most of its useful life.

ZB41ckq.jpg

My e36 in pieces

XgcOwwG.jpg

More cars

FjXkJWw.jpg

There are some more hiding around the place as well. Mostly my dads that just sit a rot away. Its pretty sad really. 

• YoungCR changed the title to Let's see where the magic happens *garage photos*