WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

I think if we're going to have ads, they will be relevant. You know, stuff for pricks who can't park.

Also, Mr. Understeer, if you aren't up to anything this weekend, come out to the house Saturday nite. We've got brew city mazda and rides MKE coming out to discuss stuff and get crunk like some junk bouncing around in my trunk that goes clunk clunk Michael Jordan slam dunk looking like a punk with a golden chunk, while watching the show Monk.

I have some very effective anti-spam monitoring software installed on the forum. Then I get to manually delete stuff when it gets through. At least it deletes posts and bans users all in one sweep.

As far as monetizing its in the works but like Brian I would like it to be subtle. I think making money on t-shirts and other merchandise will be the first route. Running this deal isn't too high of a cost for rampy and I, its the meet ups where the money gets spent :D

How do you even go about fighting spam? Does Zeroforum or whoever, provide tools?

Also, have you considered monetizing? I know the traffic here isnt THAT big but if you get some non-annoying ads or sponsors it might generate a few dollars now and then.

I think if we're going to have ads, they will be relevant. You know, stuff for pricks who can't park.

Also, Mr. Understeer, if you aren't up to anything this weekend, come out to the house Saturday nite. We've got brew city mazda and rides MKE coming out to discuss stuff and get crunk like some junk bouncing around in my trunk that goes clunk clunk Michael Jordan slam dunk looking like a punk with a golden chunk, while watching the show Monk.

Google Chrome + Ad Block.

no. ads. ever. on any webpage

Edited by KaiserRolls

I think if we're going to have aids, they will be rampant. You know, stuff for pricks who can't use common sense.

I sincerely appreciate the invitation. I have a sick wife to take care of this weekend, well, mostly just letting her rest and making sure the little one doesn't set the place on fire :P

It reminds me of Baja. There are some pretty cool stories about Baja racing in the early days. People trading oil/fuel/spare tires/water/parts etc. when they are broken down in the desert. I would love to find one of the articles about it I once read, my google skills are not yielding anything at the moment.

I did get my "nice" car washed today which feels nice. The lines at the car wash were crazy long all day but I caught it this evening before it got too cold.

It reminds me of Baja. There are some pretty cool stories about Baja racing in the early days. People trading oil/fuel/spare tires/water/parts etc. when they are broken down in the desert. I would love to find one of the articles about it I once read, my google skills are not yielding anything at the moment.

I did get my "nice" car washed today which feels nice. The lines at the car wash were crazy long all day but I caught it this evening before it got too cold.

that won't last long.

winter sucks.

Actually, the factory applied cosmoline all over my E30 has been awesome. Even though it left me with a yellowed engine bay when I got the car, it allowed me to see what parts were original on the car since those parts were also covered in cosmoline. The plug wires were original @ 178k miles but the car hardly ran at all. It is all over the bottomside of the car too.

My friend at work took it apart, the screen is cracked from when I dropped it, and it just now is causing this crap. It was a $70 phone so I'm not worried really. Picking up a new Optimus V for $35 before work tonight

Ah, forgot you dropped it. Well either way, shitty news. In other news. Nothing new is happening in my life. Except feeling the itch of wanting to go lower.

how do you do things.

It's funny cause everyone used to say I was glued to my phone. But that was way back when I used to buy and sell cars for profit.

I've been out of a phone for about 4 months now, and it doesn't really bother me too much. 95% of the people I need to get a hold of, are on facebook all the time, or have an email they monitor on a regular basis. Other then that, I do pretty well. :)

But, if I can get a phone relatively soon, I'd like to pick up the Motorola RAZR Maxx HD.