WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

I have my work physical fitness test today, if I pass it today and again this fall I get $500 from the City's "Wellness" fund.

1.5 miles in under 15 minutes

300 meter sprint in under some amount of time

30 sit ups in a minute

1 bench press of 2/3rd my weight

Vertical jump of at least 10"

Not too bad for about 1.5 hrs worth of work.. Sad thing is, that fund has XXX amount of money in it, so the more officers that do it, the less money we each get. We probably have 5 Patrol Officers that couldn't pass the tests if their lives depended on it.

15 minutes ago, snap said:

I think I could even do that!

Yeah it's really not that hard, biggest thing is the 1.5 miles. My Sgt usually runs like 1.5 laps, walks/jogs a little bit, then runs again. He usually has 40-50 seconds left to spare at the end.

5 minutes ago, YoungCR said:

Is there a required test for hire? I've had to do a couple fitness tests for some driving jobs. 

Yep, that's the same physical test we take during the application process, along with the written tests.

The PD can't require we take it every year, so they have to offer a bonus incentive for doing it 2x a year. I was nearly able to do it last year with torn shoulder but I couldn't do the bench :(

7 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

The running is the only part of that that seems difficult.  $500 is pretty good!

1 hour ago, Earl said:

How is 1.5 miles in 15 minutes difficult? :lol:

It's not difficult per se, but it's the "hardest" part of the physical test.

Didn't help that on lap 1 around the track it felt as if I had a 14" steak knife stuck between my ribs lol
Still did it, but damn if that wasn't the most unpleasant 14 minutes and 55 seconds of my week.

5 hours ago, Earl said:

How is 1.5 miles in 15 minutes difficult? :lol:

Earl, when was the last time you ran a mile or more?  Running less than a 10 minute mile is pretty good, especially if someone doesn't run regularly.  You also have to keep in mind that just because someone can do a 10 min mile it means they can continue that pace.  Expecting that most normal people will slow down as they continue you're looking at maybe an 8 or 9 min mile then making up the rest for the last half.

4 minutes ago, Earl said:

The slowest mile I ever ran was 7 minutes and I was in Elementary School lol. I guess I've never been overweight and I have always naturally been quite quick

So the last time you attempted to run a mile was somewhere around 15 years ago?  Your opinion is invalid.

34 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I too think the running part sounds easy, though I fall under a different category for recreational activities than most. 

I know your activities tend to be high intensity cardio so that probably wouldn't be a problem for you.  Us fatties look at running a mile with fear and trepidation.  I'm in the gym 3-5 times a week and i'll run .5 to 1 mile every time i'm there and average about a 10 minute mile give or take 30 second and I fucking hate it.  Cardio is not my strength.  I'll bench 375 then squat 400+ in the same workout but ask me to run for an extended period of time and i'll laugh at you.

So we were going to travel back to Wausau area Saturday morning so I loaded up the Volvo and was checking the tires.  I noticed a bulge in the right front tire and thought well not that big of a deal I will double check the spare to make sure it's aired up if I need it.  I mentioned it to my wife and she said oh yea I did hit a pothole last time I drove it but it seemed fine the rest of the way home.  So already running late we took off.  As soon as I turned out of the driveway I could tell it was not right at all, alignment way off and nasty shake.  It was undriveable except to get home.  How is that not totally obvious?  The alignment was perfect and the steering wheel centered before and now it is obviously crooked and if you hold the wheel straight the car violently veers to the left.  

Awesome, so I need either a control arm or tie rods that I just replaced within the last 1000 miles.  And new tires.  i was planning to sell it with the existing tires and let a new owner pick what they want but I can't do that now.  Does FCP Euro offer free replacement for stuff you break or only if it wears out?

So I did manage to stuff 3 car seats in the coupe and took that, no problems besides adding a quart of oil.  Ticked over 286k on the way home.

1 hour ago, jc43089 said:

So we were going to travel back to Wausau area Saturday morning so I loaded up the Volvo and was checking the tires.  I noticed a bulge in the right front tire and thought well not that big of a deal I will double check the spare to make sure it's aired up if I need it.  I mentioned it to my wife and she said oh yea I did hit a pothole last time I drove it but it seemed fine the rest of the way home.  So already running late we took off.  As soon as I turned out of the driveway I could tell it was not right at all, alignment way off and nasty shake.  It was undriveable except to get home.  How is that not totally obvious?  The alignment was perfect and the steering wheel centered before and now it is obviously crooked and if you hold the wheel straight the car violently veers to the left.  

Awesome, so I need either a control arm or tie rods that I just replaced within the last 1000 miles.  And new tires.  i was planning to sell it with the existing tires and let a new owner pick what they want but I can't do that now.  Does FCP Euro offer free replacement for stuff you break or only if it wears out?

So I did manage to stuff 3 car seats in the coupe and took that, no problems besides adding a quart of oil.  Ticked over 286k on the way home.

I believe that they’ll replace it regardless. At least that was the impression I got from reading into their policies. 

7 minutes ago, P_Roloff said:

I believe that they’ll replace it regardless. At least that was the impression I got from reading into their policies. 

You can replace literally anything they sell if you sent it back, or buy new ones and they'll refund you.
Brake pads, oil, filters, people ask on their Facebook page all the time and they always tell them to go for it. 

Any time I needed to replace something it was super easy. 

On 4/20/2018 at 11:25 AM, Bassboy3313 said:

a56a8164b81d28f9c11c111a7d5892bc.jpg

If you want me to print this, I could do it (without the light blue).

It'd also be the most layered vinyl printed shirt I've ever done. Price from me would be $25 shipped on a heather gray Gildan tee. That doesn't include a cut to Mr Bassboy.

I'm happy to make it happen if you guys (and Bassboy) are down!