WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

8 minutes ago, Snap said:

I watched it last night. Im glad he is now feeling a small portion of how he made other people feel. Looking forward to watching the rest of the "Dirty Money" episodes. Great quality stuff 

The guy didn't seem to have any remorse for what he was doing!  Him and his lawyer continue to play the "poor rich person" card.  It makes me sick.

Yeah, it was one of those situations where there weren't really any good options and I luckily choose the best one. If I had a gun on me, I wouldn't have had a chance to pull it out until he was walking away, at which point I would no longer be defending myself. On top of that, all the other eyes watching the situation could have opened fire on me....

Disarming him could have resulted in a similar end result as above^

Either way, I will still use craigslist. Facebook marketplace has been getting MUCH better and better lately though, and it also allows me to stalk the other party before I meet them.

15 hours ago, Jeff said:

Stories like this is the reason I normally carry when I go places. It is sad that a person could potentially loose their life over $30. It’s even sadder that the people that do things like this think it’s more satisfying to rob or kill someone then to get a job. Sometimes it just makes you wonder if you should even bother helping someone. It’s potentially a 50/50 chance of survival.

Not trying to stir the gun rights debate pot, but I don't see how having a gun would have made a difference in this scenario, other than possibly resulting in a wild-west shootout in the middle of a residential neighborhood...

18 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

Anybody watch the Tesla / Spacex launch yesterday?  The landing of the 2 boosters was really impressive.  Also the HHGTG reference on the screen is great.

I watched it. It was Impressive. Not sure if the Third vessel landed okay though <_<

Did anyone else notice it looks EXTREMELY folic?  Nothing like penetrating outer space...

The main one crashed into the water at 300mph, about 300ft from the landing ship.  Apparently the rockets didn't all restart properly to aim and decelerate it to land on the ship.  

Rapid unplanned disassembly.

He seems to have quite the sense of humor.  The model 3 was supposed to be model E so his models would be S, E, and X...

This weekend on WI SIENNAS:

I am replacing a rear wheel bearing on a relatives AWD Sienna.

A pre-assembled hub ranges from $79 online to $360 at the dealer.

Dealer cost to do the job is $840

Joe Schmoe mechanic was in the range of $500, likely using a bearing that was made from pot metal in an alleyway near a noodle shop in Taipei

Best price locally for a high quality hub assembly that I can get my hands on today is $295.67 after tax. It needs to be completed pretty urgently hence not saving $100 by getting a high quality part from online.

Here is to hoping that there are no seized fasteners and I can get this done by lunchtime on Saturday.

Watch for mushroom clouds in the New Berlin area otherwise

8 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

So did I miss something? Did @El Snapo figure out his origin? Thus the change in his physique and character? 

¿Descubriste que tu auto se fabricó en la tierra madre de México?

Actually 5 generations back on my dad's side some English immigrants made their way to Chihuahua Mexico, settled there, and had some kids. Thus their children were natural born Mexicans. so don't you say anything bad about Mexico because I will be deeply offended. 

Burritos are cool too. 

So I cam down with appendicitis earlier this week and fortunately I was stuck in the great city of Gary, IN when I needed surgery... Tried reading the forums but I'm gonna bust my stitches open if I continue so if you guys need me for an emergency or something just PM or Text me. I've made a lot of progress since getting home last night so hoping I'll be mostly functional by the end of the weekend. 

13 minutes ago, YoungCR said:

So I cam down with appendicitis earlier this week and fortunately I was stuck in the great city of Gary, IN when I needed surgery... Tried reading the forums but I'm gonna bust my stitches open if I continue so if you guys need me for an emergency or something just PM or Text me. I've made a lot of progress since getting home last night so hoping I'll be mostly functional by the end of the weekend. 

Glad you are on the mend!

3 hours ago, YoungCR said:

Agreed, glad you’re okay!

Emergency appendectomy is no fun. Been there and done that. Hope yours was caught before it burst. Mine thankfully was. If my attack had hit two days prior either I would have been overseas in the Balkans and several hours and a truck bed ride to the nearest doc, or in an airplane somewhere over the Atlantic. In short, Gary isn't great but as far as locations go for surgery things could have been much much worse. Glad to hear you're OK!

Man that sucks Chris feel better.

Man I remember when my appendix burst. It was 2nd grade went to school and won a a $100 shopping spree at target with the local police station. Naturally When we got to target I went straight to the how wheels and bought $100 with of them. Later that night I was playing with all my cool new cars and suddenly it hurt to do anything. Sitting was not an option standing was the best. Told my grandma about it she told me to go to bed. Did that kept hurting really bad for hours then she took me to the hospital in a nic of time.