WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

21 hours ago, Jeff said:

If the car took ATF fluid and I flushed it out with chf11s would that be a potential problem?

It could be but to be honest im not sure how different the properties of each fluid are to say if damage would be done to seals and other components.  They're both common hydraulic fluids in othet applications.  Its not like the difference between brake fluid and atf for example but I can't say with certainty if they're interchangeable if flushed.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:20 PM, Jeff said:

If the car took ATF fluid and I flushed it out with chf11s would that be a potential problem?

I would think not a big deal, the only problems I have read about are people putting ATF in cars with a central hydraulic system supposed to have CHF 11 and then the leveling suspension starts leaking.  That was on an old 7 series though.

I worked on a friends new to him 2012 Cooper S this past Saturday.  I installed a dp, cai and tune.  It's the first modded cooper S I have driven and it was a blast!  I've always loved the stock Cooper S but with a little more power this thing is a blast!  It does remind me why I hate adding power to FWD though.  No traction and torque steer for days.  It's a great daily and he's using it to commute from Whitewater to Milwaukee right now.

Funny side story, he informed me that he'd have to start shipping parts to my house because his fiance got mad at the number of parts showing up to their house within a week of owning the car.  He had parts at the house before he had possession of the car... can't say I haven't done that!

1 hour ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Funny side story, he informed me that he'd have to start shipping parts to my house because his fiance got mad at the number of parts showing up to their house within a week of owning the car.  He had parts at the house before he had possession of the car... can't say I haven't done that!

aaa.JPG

The struggle is real

1 hour ago, Snap said:

It was such an amazing day for late november, bet it was great with the top down!

What do you drive in the winter and why do the tires go in the basement?

Yeah it was a great day for a drive, although I got quite a few funny looks as it got colder later in the day haha. I drive a ‘98 Mercury Grand Marquis when I’m home in the winter (it’s not going back to school with me), it’s a barge and a gas guzzler but a total hoot in the snow.

Tires are going in the basement because they’re extreme performance summers, and I think I’m going to follow manufacturer warnings at least for this year and keep them out of the cold. The car is stored in an unheated garage so I don’t want to take any chances with the rubber cracking and ruining a 1500 mile set of tires.