WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

On 11/2/2017 at 10:20 PM, Boris3 said:

What model e30? Late model 325i m20 catback Walker model #46748 for $157, you'll need the muffler straps and shipping might offset the cheap price

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/bmw,1990,325i,2.5l+l6,1011700,exhaust+&+emission,muffler+/+resonator,5872

Might try a shop like Wisconsin Muffler to see if they have a deal on the same that cuts the shipping down.

hhhmmmm not sure why that one didn't show up for me the first time! 

Mine is an 89, so I think the one in the link above would work, right?

do the search for an 89 and it comes up the same: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/bmw,1989,325i,2.5l+l6,1011698,exhaust+&+emission,muffler+/+resonator,5872

So muffler for $156.79.  Shipping if it was coming to me in New Berlin would be +$22, Strap kit (#36245) if yours are shot +$39.79 and +$7.99 shipping  +$11.71 tax = $241.27 for everything. 

2 hours ago, Boris3 said:

do the search for an 89 and it comes up the same: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/bmw,1989,325i,2.5l+l6,1011698,exhaust+&+emission,muffler+/+resonator,5872

So muffler for $156.79.  Shipping if it was coming to me in New Berlin would be +$22, Strap kit (#36245) if yours are shot +$39.79 and +$7.99 shipping  +$11.71 tax = $241.27 for everything. 

I might have to try it on a desktop, that website is horrendous to navigate...

I'm thinking at nearly $250 for everything, I'm going to go see what a muffler shop can do for me (magnaflow + bend their own pipes). I know that eventually I'd like to go aftermarket, so I may as well deal with the loudness for now until I'm ready to pony up the extra money for aftermarket.

Makes sense. As long as you're not gassing yourself out, can still hear the stereo, not throwing codes, or attracting unwanted LEO attention just save the $$ and wait for the system you want. Figure winter is going to be cruel to your exhaust anyway might as well complete the rust rot this season and start clean in the spring.

2 minutes ago, Boris3 said:

Makes sense. As long as you're not gassing yourself out, can still hear the stereo, not throwing codes, or attracting unwanted LEO attention just save the $$ and wait for the system you want. Figure winter is going to be cruel to your exhaust anyway might as well complete the rust rot this season and start clean in the spring.

Now you're thinking! Why let your new exhaust be exposed to salty water spray. Go for spring!

Found a $133 exhaust, then I'll need the straps and such yet.. I could buy a can of high temp paint and splat that on there to help the longevity, but the e30 is getting parked once the salt comes out :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Muffler-New-Rear-325-3-Series-73-Oval-E30-BMW-325i-325is-325iX-1988-1991/322522558374?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Haven't been on for a few days but this was my Thursday night. Lady tried to beat me through a intersection and lost. She was crossing on Cty A while I was on Hwy 51 out of Stoughton. Whatched her slowly pull out and then gun it to beat me but wasn't even close and I didn't have the room to stop. Swerved right to avoid hitting them straight on and put the whole truck in the ditch. Everybody walked away which was good. So stupid 

F1B87083-30A6-4F3B-964E-005C2BD9D1B2.jpeg

67C1A558-3629-4B7E-8850-973A1C26B5A3.jpeg

BE166EDC-4CD9-4532-AE15-D9A5234B39DE.jpeg

On a positive note I got the clutch/flywheel replaced on the Alpine 530i yesterday. Trans is in but not bolted up yet.

6 hours ago, YoungCR said:

Didn't end up speaking to the other driver, a state patrol getting off the interstate watched it all happen.

Had one like this a bunch of years back.  3 little old ladies pulled out right in front of us.  Hit them square in the rear.

When the police showed up, One of the little old ladies says with a straight face: " Officer, Officer, He sped up and hit us".

The look on his face was priceless.

Glad everyone walked away. 

5 hours ago, RobZR said:

Had one like this a bunch of years back.  3 little old ladies pulled out right in front of us.  Hit them square in the rear.

When the police showed up, One of the little old ladies says with a straight face: " Officer, Officer, He sped up and hit us".

The look on his face was priceless.

Glad everyone walked away. 

That's funny! 

10 hours ago, Jdesign said:

This is hilarious. No worry about someone being an idiot and pointing the finger at you.

Glad you are all safe and sound. 

Thanks guys