WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

24 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

It blows my mind how many car dealers are selling cars and they don't have a fucking clue what they are selling nor do they have the wherewithal to do some kind of research before posting a description of the car.

Yes, I have driven BMWs at dealerships and told the salesman more about the car than he was able to tell me...  Sad, most are just salespeople, not people excited about the product.

20 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

Yes, I have driven BMWs at dealerships and told the salesman more about the car than he was able to tell me...  Sad, most are just salespeople, not people excited about the product.

I drove an e90 M3 yesterday and had to explain to the lady how to drive the DCT, what edc was, what the power button did, what was distinct about it over a normal 3 series, etc.  After all this she equates it to "red being a sporty leather color because the new Camry's have red leather as an option".  I don't know that I've had more head smacking moments in a test drive with someone ever before in my life.  Then there are all of the vehicle descriptions in for sale ads on autotrader, truecar, etc.  Things like  "6-speed manual transmission with additional oil cooler and heavy-duty dual-disc clutch". For fucks sake, google can tell you really quick that it's a 7spd dual clutch, not a 6spd manual with dual clutches.  Or, simply driving the car on their lot would tell them it has 7 gears.

It's little shit but it leaves so little confidence in the buying experience.

1 hour ago, patsbimmer1 said:

It blows my mind how many car dealers are selling cars and they don't have a fucking clue what they are selling nor do they have the wherewithal to do some kind of research before posting a description of the car.

Sometimes, one can use this to ones advantage. With dealerships, I have no qualm taking advantage of their ignorance. Look how they screw people with trade-ins! I think of it as karma coming back for a visit.

8 minutes ago, GB-335xiCoupe said:

Sometimes, one can use this to ones advantage. With dealerships, I have no qualm taking advantage of their ignorance. Look how they screw people with trade-ins! I think of it as karma coming back for a visit.

Well it's funny you say that, when I mentioned that not having any documentation of the rod bearings being done was a turn off for me the sales manager immediately says, "Really?  I think we can work that out so we can do it here!  Would that change your mind?".  I asked him how much he knew about the car and he said not much, I informed him that replacement of the rod bearings is about a $2500 repair and if done incorrectly can cause the engine to grenade which costs around $20k to replace.  His response, "We have the former owners number, we'll double check with them if this has been done."  I love that he volunteered his group for the work without consulting them at all.  I can only imagine how well that'd go over when the sales team tells the service team what they promised!

2 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

This, it blows my mind. They're usually asking for a double-digit percentage of someone's income and you can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes learning about what you're selling. Occasionally I search for something like an LCI 6-speed e91, so I search for 328i wagons and filter by manual. 3/4 of the results are still auto's on just about every site. 

bmw_pictures_E46_IN_Holz-Waehlhebelgriff

Leather boot of any kind around the shifter: yup its a manual. 

Picked up another compact last night=) Have wanted to find a chassis for a while and none were popping up that were worth what they were asking. I happened to find this one right when it was posted and hopped on it. The good news is Mike will be getting a perfect set of interior for his compact=P I also have a set of Bridgestone Potenzas and a set of General Altimax that I won't be needing. They're both almost new in appearance. I have to check the dates on them to see how old they are. 

57 minutes ago, Earl said:

Picked up another compact last night=) Have wanted to find a chassis for a while and none were popping up that were worth what they were asking. I happened to find this one right when it was posted and hopped on it. The good news is Mike will be getting a perfect set of interior for his compact=P I also have a set of Bridgestone Potenzas and a set of General Altimax that I won't be needing. They're both almost new in appearance. I have to check the dates on them to see how old they are. 

Pics?

That's the one. It has the usual rot on both rear quarters and the sunroof drain letting loose over time left a nice hole on the edge of the drivers floor board, but those are easy fixes. The car will be a track only car once I finish the compact. For now I am just selling off the good parts that I don't need (to save other compacts=P ) and it will just sit in waiting