WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

I think it would be way too heavy and cumbersome to deal with actual mountain bike trails, not to mention really bad etiquette. I like the idea of having a super-light "moped" with full-size wheels and a riding position that's more motorcycle than scooter, but I doubt this thing is actually street legal, so.... I guess that makes it pretty much useless...? dunno.

Pedal it around as a bike. Win.

I left it at the default 100 in/min. Cut depth was .025" per pass x2 for a total depth of .050"

I haven't done much research on feeds and speeds yet, just kind of winging it at the moment. I have a feeling the estimated time is really optimistic because the acceleration of the machine is pretty slow. I'll have to look in to that at some point...

Easy there cowboy. I think you're more excited about this stuff than I am.

The machine is at my shop space, which is 100 miles from where I live, so I only get to play around with it on the weekends. It's summer though, so there's other stuff to do on the weekends too. It'll be a month or two before I start to get the machine and the process dialed in. For the moment I'm happy just using whatever bits I got from the previous owner or picked up from the big box store to turn out some hobby-grade projects.

1 hour ago, HipMF said:

Easy there cowboy. I think you're more excited about this stuff than I am.

The machine is at my shop space, which is 100 miles from where I live, so I only get to play around with it on the weekends. It's summer though, so there's other stuff to do on the weekends too. It'll be a month or two before I start to get the machine and the process dialed in. For the moment I'm happy just using whatever bits I got from the previous owner or picked up from the big box store to turn out some hobby-grade projects.

It's like having another version of my self talking about it! 

Hey, drinking beer is an important part of summer! 

26 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Sorry man i'll keep it at bay. I do this stuff every day and still have not lost interest in it. It's what I do for fun as well as a job

Don't sweat it lol  
I was irritating him with how much I looked forward to it being up and running, as there are so many things that you can do with it!